lipotropic b12 injections ...any experience with this?

Options
I just started them yesterday with adipex. I was able to get the 1st 30 off myself and have hit a wall! Curious to some of the members experiences with this.

My 1st day as a member here and love the current post on other issues already.
Thanks!

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    B-12 will only help if you were low to begin with. If you don't have a b-12 deficiency, the supplement won't help. You're only getting what you already have,

I doubt it will harm anyone, but it is wasting money. Basically throwing money away, which is a shame because it could be donated to people who need it.
  • generallyme2
    generallyme2 Posts: 403 Member
    Options
    I have a b-12 deficiency (among others) but anyway, my body can't absorb it from foods so I was getting the injection. I never saw weight loss that I could attribute to the injection and after stopping the injection (moved, new dr), I still lose weight the same way I did before: the 'old fashioned' way- good, healthy eating and exercise.

Hitting a wall or a plateau is normal, tweak your eating habits, making sure you're logging correctly/accurately, but taking a shot or a pill isn't really the way to go unless you have a genuine deficiency (which you might or might not, since you didn't say).
  • TheRealKit
    TheRealKit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I have b-12 and vit d deficiency.
  • LeonCX
    LeonCX Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    Kalikel wrote: »
    B-12 will only help if you were low to begin with. If you don't have a b-12 deficiency, the supplement won't help. You're only getting what you already have,
    I doubt it will harm anyone, but it is wasting money. Basically throwing money away, which is a shame because it could be donated to people who need it.

Donate vitamin B-12?? :o

• Kalikel
    Options
    TheRealKit wrote: »
    Me, too. I take my supplements, but I have to work very, very hard for my weight loss.

I eat less than most and exercise a lot, too. I don't lose weight quickly. People who eat a lot more than I do lose a lot more weight.

Th B-12 and D are working no miracles for me.

• TheRealKit
    Options
    TheRealKit wrote: »
    Me, too. I take my supplements, but I have to work very, very hard for my weight loss.

I eat less than most and exercise a lot, too. I don't lose weight quickly. People who eat a lot more than I do lose a lot more weight.

Th B-12 and D are working no miracles for me.

For myself and a lot of my patients we just don't absorb the oral vitamins well.
    I lose more when I eat more. It is just making the better meal and snack choices.
    My spouse is super skinny and eats enough to feed a small village. I am running 5-10 miles almost daily. If I have a too rough or long nursing shift I just do 30 mins on the elliptical .
    I know several that have had success from the lipotropic injections. Dr just added the the lipotropic along with my normal b12 shot . Vitamin d is because I have a total hysterectomy and it isnt to lose weight, but avoid bone loss etc. I am 38 and have broken wrist, hip , back and torn my knee since having it done 9 years ago.
  • Kalikel
    Options
    I am familiar with B-12 absorption issues. It is good and smart of you to follow your doctor's advice.

I hope the supplements work a miracle for you. They have not done so for me.

Good luck. :)
  • TheRealKit
    Options
    I am familiar with B-12 absorption issues. It is good and smart of you to follow your doctor's advice.

I hope the supplements work a miracle for you. They have not done so for me.

Good luck. :)

Thank you. I wish you the best.