Am I the only one??

TwinkieDong
TwinkieDong Posts: 1,564 Member
Am I the only one that sees progress pictures and think people look happier when they are over weight? You generally see them smile, and out doing something fun. Then you see the new thinner person and they look so serious and well just not as happy?

Replies

• SDkitty
    SDkitty Posts: 446 Member
    I have never noticed that.
  • Poofy_Goodness
    Poofy_Goodness Posts: 229 Member
    It's just you. I think you're projecting.
  • BleedsCoffee
    BleedsCoffee Posts: 247 Member
    I generally notice the opposite. People seem to be much more smiley in their "After" and progress photos than they are in their "Before" photos.
  • wolverine66
    wolverine66 Posts: 3,779 Member
    i haven't notice.

but i admit, i don't look all that often.
  • ldrosophila
    ldrosophila Posts: 7,512 Member
    I've noticed it too, but I think it's more of a attempt at a "sexy look" projection because the mouth is usually put into the ubiquitous duck face or with guys face looking down at something with the "deep thought" gangsta look. I have found some after pictures where the person is smiling and looks happy just natural being themselves those look the best.
  • bearkisses
    bearkisses Posts: 1,252 Member
    I generally notice the opposite. People seem to be much more smiley in their "After" and progress photos than they are in their "Before" photos.

i have thought that too. They exude so much more confidence and look way more comfortable.
  • My progress photo is different, I look so unhappy and self concious in the first photo!!
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    I haven't noticed that either.
    Even personally, everyone says I look happier after I lost weight. Younger too.
  • PlayerHatinDogooder
    PlayerHatinDogooder Posts: 1,018 Member
    I'm usually just too focused on their cleavage to notice facial expressions.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Agreed.

I've noticed it too, but I think it's more of a attempt at a "sexy look" projection because the mouth is usually put into the ubiquitous duck face or with guys face looking down at something with the "deep thought" gangsta look. I have found some after pictures where the person is smiling and looks happy just natural being themselves those look the best.
    I think this would be the reason if you do see some that are happier in the before.
  • FootballGamer58
    FootballGamer58 Posts: 1,310 Member
    projection. Its probably situational
  • Fozzi43
    Fozzi43 Posts: 2,984 Member
    If someone is showing off a muscly body...they tend to look serious I think.
  • EmilyOfTheSun
    EmilyOfTheSun Posts: 1,548 Member
    I've noticed the opposite.
  • 2stepscloser
    2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
    No way! Perhaps it's the picture taker.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    This IS my happy face.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    I can't say that it's common or uncommon, it's just whatever picture people find as the "before" picture...which is often a candid shot someone else took. I never smile in almost any of the progress pics I take of myself...or when I know the camera is one me. I want a "BAMF" look when I get my picture taken, but the candid shots where I'm laughing or smiling might be the one that shows me in my "before" state.

I take a TON more pictures now than I did before...I've learned that these pictures will tell a story when I'm where I want to be...it's the process, the transition....I didn't have any need for pictures before.
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    A lot of before pics are usually one of the photos that made the person realize how big they got. At some function or something. A lot of after pics are them by themselves in a bathroom or something. I don't smile or laugh in my progress picture because it's just that. A picture to show my progress.
  • Sparlingo
    Sparlingo Posts: 938 Member
    I do see it in the progress pictures for men who lift!!!

It's like they think they're sexy now so they have to do a serious strong-guy face rather than a happy face :smile:

I have nothing against lifting, I just wish men knew they always look better when they smile :bigsmile:!
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    I can't say that it's common or uncommon, it's just whatever picture people find as the "before" picture...which is often a candid shot someone else took. I never smile in almost any of the progress pics I take of myself...or when I know the camera is one me. I want a "BAMF" look when I get my picture taken, but the candid shots where I'm laughing or smiling might be the one that shows me in my "before" state.

I take a TON more pictures now than I did before...I've learned that these pictures will tell a story when I'm where I want to be...it's the process, the transition....I didn't have any need for pictures before.

Beat me to it.
  • Colombianchick29
    Colombianchick29 Posts: 298 Member
    never noticed that! I see progress pics with happier smiles, more confidence and fierce all together!