am i screwing things up?

Options
i've been doing 15~20 minutes of chest/arm work outs and at least an hour of walking every day for the past couple weeks.
yesterday and today, i've been exhausted, sore, and overall sick-feeling, so my activity has been cut down significantly, and replaced with resting.
i was 110 pounds on wednesday, but i'm looking pretty big/bloated at the moment. is it possible to have gained much weight in 3 days because i'm doing less activity?
anyway, i need to get my weight back up; i just don't want it all to pile on while i'm lazing about.

Replies

• PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    You're working arms/chest every day?
  • biorobotics
    Options
    lightly, yeah. i don't go to the gym, or have weights.
  • KingRat79
    KingRat79 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    To answer your question, no you want gain any significant weight in three days.

as to your routine, doing nothing but arms and chest is a recipe for muscular imbalance, and potential back pain. having strong chest but weak back will lead to your shoulders rounding over. you should be exercising all muscle group's equaly
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    Are you trying to gain weight?
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    The way you were feeling kinda sounds like overdoing it. It kinda also sounds like you might have been trying to get sick though, and then didn't. Do you do "rest days"?
  • biorobotics
    Options
    yeah, i'm trying to gain.
    i don't do rest days; i figure my activity is low enough intensity.
  • PwrLftr82
    PwrLftr82 Posts: 945 Member
    Options

If you're trying to gain weight, then you need to get on a real lifting program if you want any of the weight you gain to be muscle.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    PwrLftr82 wrote: »

If you're trying to gain weight, then you need to get on a real lifting program if you want any of the weight you gain to be muscle.

Yep, plus walking an hour every day just means you need to eat more.