30 day shred,p90,p90x, insanity, turbo jam?

Options
sheamus12
sheamus12 Posts: 6 Member
edited November 2014 in Fitness and Exercise
Hi, I am looking for advise on which exercise program to start to help me lose weight. I am a 200lb female. (I have recently lost 60lbs this year with dieting and cardio) I plan to going on my exercise bike 20-30 minutes a day and looking for a workout video that is 20-40 minutes long. I am in desperate need to get rid of belly fat the most. Any suggestions or success with any programs?

Replies

• kittikat1119
    kittikat1119 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    20-40 minutes of the ones you have posted I would suggest either 30 day shred or turbo jam. However, I feel 30 day shred is a little better just because it has strength training incorporated. Turbo jam is great cardio, but nothing more.

I personally had good results with 30DS, I lost 8.5 lbs and 9.5 inches. 1.5 inches in my waist alone.

T25 or P90x3 are the 30ish minute versions of the programs you listed above. Look into those instead if you want to try one of them. Both would likely work well for you because they incorporate both strength and cardio. P90x and insanity are just too long for your current goals.

You could also look into Ruthless which is a 20 minute a day program that includes body weight strength training and is inexpensive. I am currently on day 14 and loving it. 5.5 lbs down and 1" off my waist thus far, oh yeah!

As for the belly fat, it will come off when it is good and ready, but I find that incorporating strength training helps it go down a little faster.
  • Kristinemomof3
    Kristinemomof3 Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    The biggest thing that will help belly fat is diet and lifting. Cardio really won't help much.
  • chy82
    chy82 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have seen the most progress with lifting weights. I am starting ChaLEAN Extreme next week. I am on my last week of T25, which I loved. ChaLean is more lifting.
  • sheamus12
    sheamus12 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    chy82 wrote: »
    I have seen the most progress with lifting weights. I am starting ChaLEAN Extreme next week. I am on my last week of T25, which I loved. ChaLean is more lifting.

How did you like T25? Would you say its a program a newbie could start?

• chy82
    Options
    Definitely. T25 has a girl named Tanya that "modifies". She does the low impact modification for each move so if you are not able to do some of the hardcore moves she will show a different way to do them that is still making you work. I sent you a message. :smile:
  • chy82
    Options
    I was 203 when I started T25. I lost 27 lbs paired with healthy eating. Not like a rabbit. I still ate but cut out most of the junk food. I still like chocolate. ;)
  • covens04
    covens04 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    I agree. I have done P90x3 (currently doing) and T25. I lost about 17 pounds with T25. If you want a more basic program, you could consider P90. It's fairly new and basic. Nice introduction for people who need structure and are just getting started. It all depends on whether you like and have the motivation to work out from home. How's your current nutrition? Feel free to add me for support! I still have a ways to go as well to reach my goals.