Half Marathon training, please help?

Options
http://womensrunning.competitor.com/2013/09/training-tips/couch-to-half-marathon-training-plan_15065/3

I really like this plan, bu I have classes all day Tuesdays and Thursdays, and really I'm too exhausted to work out most evenings. I was wondering how bad it would be to make those my rest days and just shift the calendar accordingly (Tuesday workouts happen on Mondays, Thursday's on Friday). Should I modify it differently? I'm willing to add up to two or three extra weeks if I'm not at an ideal place at the end of the plan. Thoughts please??

Replies

• fivefootfitness
    Options
    *In the summer I was comfortably running a few miles 3-4 times a week and have been getting back to that recently, and I also already have a foundation of strength work, so I'm not just diving right in!
  • aarar
    aarar Posts: 684 Member
    Options
    It should be fine as long as you're putting in the mileage and taking rest days. It doesn't really matter which day of the week you take off.
  • OrangeBabelfish
    OrangeBabelfish Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    I'm the wrong person to ask. I run half marathons with no training - bad idea!

Just changing the days around shouldn't be an issue, but could you move them the same way? Tue-Mon and Thu-Wed to make sure you give yourself the necessary rest days at the right point in the programme?
  • noexcusesjustresults2014
    Options
    aarar wrote: »
    It should be fine as long as you're putting in the mileage and taking rest days. It doesn't really matter which day of the week you take off.

+1

• SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    Training plans are not written on stone tablets. Run when you can - the important thing is that you run!
  • GillianMcK
    GillianMcK Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    As long as you're getting the run's in, then it doesn't really matter what day's you do what, the training plan I followed, had me running Monday, Tuesday, Thursday & Saturday, I swapped and ran Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday & Sunday, PT on Monday, weights after the run on a Tuesday, rest Wednesday, work 2nd job Friday night (on my feet for 6hrs so has to count as something)!
    Getting the mileage in, is more important, than what day you do the mileage.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Training plans are not written on stone tablets. Run when you can - the important thing is that you run!

^^ This ^^