I'm back on track - Woo hoo

Options
Balaru
Balaru Posts: 203 Member
So I've been on here for 4 days now - tracking my food and exercise and putting a few posts out there. Today got the exercise going again. 30 min walk with my dog this morning and 25 minute bike ride with my hubby and daughter this p.m. Well they wimped out after 10 minutes cuz it was "too cold" You guys up North would be laughing. It's around 56 but it is windy. So now that I've got the hang of this site I am on a roll. So glad I found ya'll! Have a great evening. Time for some crunches..... B) My goal is to just keep it going!

Replies

0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I know exactly what you mean - my son has headed off to work in London and my daughter is at uni - so its just me and hubby. Suddenly I've even started painting my nails - and I've NEVER painted my nails in 51 years. I used to whinge that I didn't have time to keep fit or go to the gym because I had a family to look after. Well the truth is now I have plenty of time and I can find 500 other things to do (including the suddenly v urgent job of painting my nails) to avoid exercise. Time to wise up, and start investing in my health properly - we have a little 'window' of time right now, before grandchildren come or other caring responsibilities creep in - to look after ourselves. Good luck, you're defo doing the right thing!
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    You've got this! Keep it going. Walking and riding are great. :):):)
  • ankdworak
    ankdworak Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    Happy to help support if you are looking for accountability partners. Feel free to add me. ankdworak