Need to lose some belly fat and build muscle.

Options
ChrisC_77
ChrisC_77 Posts: 271 Member
Hey all. I need a few tips from everyone out there. I have a small amount of belly fat I want to lose. I am not overweight at all. But the fat I do have is all belly fat. I weight about 146lbs now and I am 5'6" I know I need to increase my calorie intake. But it's very difficult to do that with clean eating. I try to eat nuts, peanut butter, avocados, pasta, cheese, yogurt...etc. I want to build muscle and lose the belly fat. Also, what do you do for abs that is not hard on your back?

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,070 Member
    Options
    I'm using bulk/cut cycles to get rid of my belly. It's slow but I'm planning on having a six pack by 50 =D

Hanging leg raises should be okay on the back.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    If you'd like to decrease your body fat % while working your muscles hard, eat at a calorie level that lets you maintain your weight. Do this while lifting hard, and you'll be adding muscle as you reduce your body fat. It's worked great for me in the past. It can seem like a slow process, but it works.

Also, I'm a big believer in flexible dieting. Be sure to hit your calorie target, fit into your macros, get in all of your fiber and micronutrients, and if you have room left over, why can't you have some treat foods? This is especially true as your calories get pretty high. You can only get so many calories in with chicken and broccoli.
  • erickirb
    erickirb Posts: 12,293 Member
    Options
    I am 5'6" 145 myself. I do bulk and cut cylces. Cut to below 10% BF% then bulk until I gain 10-15 lbs, rinse and repeat.