Hi I'm new here. Weight loss goal of 50lbs

Options
I am 20 years old, 5' 9" and am 190lbs. I want to lose 50lbs by the first week of May, for my 21st birthday. Though even if I lose 30lbs I'd be really happy. I've been heavy most of my life and I am ready to get in shape. I was down to 175lbs before I started collage and I haven't been able to lose my Freshman weight.
Has anyone else from a similar starting point lost this much weight?

Replies

• redfisher1974
    redfisher1974 Posts: 614 Member
    Options
    Welcome and good luck!
  • nc805397
    nc805397 Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I have ~45 lbs to lose and I am currently 190! I was 232 lbs (ugh) back in mid-2012, went down to ~170 in a year, and have bounced back up to 190 recently. I'll add you as a friend and we can motivate each other! I'm only 5'6'' and am debating about if 45 lbs lighter would be too thin, so at 5'9'' losing 50 lbs might be too much, but we'll see as we get closer!
  • TheRealKit
    TheRealKit Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I began in june and have lost 30 lbs of my 60 lb goal.
    You just have to dedicate yourself and try to make it a way of life.
    Exercise is one of the greatest stress relievers .
    When I was in nursing school a bazillion years ago , My classmate and I would walk and drill each other on topics during lunch. We got our exercise in and helped each other retain lots of important info.

Record some of your lectures and listen to them while you walk.
    Win/win

good luck
  • picketlines
    picketlines Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I'm starting at a similar point as you -- about 198 pounds, with a goal of 140. I started from a similar weight when I was 20, about 4 years ago, and was able to reach 150 and maintain that for about six months. Then the climb started up again. I'm trying to start again, in the midst of a post-grad lifestyle.

I'm also about 5'9", and I think 140 is a realistic goal. I will add you so that we can cheer each other on!
  • kimcalica
    kimcalica Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    i've lost 122 lbs in 4 years. i have another 30 to go in the two years i'm saving up for body contouring surgery for my loose skin. most of my friends have droped off mfp or just stopped posting.. i would like some fun and active friends.. or even some friends that i can advise, to help me get through my journey. i don't give up! i'll be here for everyone! that's a promise! add me if i haven't sent you a request!
  • focus135
    Options
    kimcalica wrote: »
    i've lost 122 lbs in 4 years. i have another 30 to go in the two years i'm saving up for body contouring surgery for my loose skin. most of my friends have droped off mfp or just stopped posting.. i would like some fun and active friends.. or even some friends that i can advise, to help me get through my journey. i don't give up! i'll be here for everyone! that's a promise! add me if i haven't sent you a request!

• focus135
    Options
    focus135 wrote: »
    kimcalica wrote: »
    i've lost 122 lbs in 4 years. i have another 30 to go in the two years i'm saving up for body contouring surgery for my loose skin. most of my friends have droped off mfp or just stopped posting.. i would like some fun and active friends.. or even some friends that i can advise, to help me get through my journey. i don't give up! i'll be here for everyone! that's a promise! add me if i haven't sent you
  • focus135
    Options
    Wow you are a good person to know. Add me I want to know what you know.