maintenance

Options
Is there a maintenance section of Myfitnesspal.com? What are you supposed to do once you have reached your goal weight?

Replies

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    You posted this question in the maintenance section. Have a look around here. You need to have a plan for maintaining. There are a few good threads where folks describe what they did. What I did? I kept doing what I was doing. I'd been eating a certain way. Eventually the weight loss stopped. I kept doing what I was doing.

Others, who count calories, will suggest slowly adding calories back.

The key is: don't consider yourself "done". It's not "over". You have to stay on top of things, and be mindful. Good luck.
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Sabine - you have been around a long time! I remember you from when I first started. Congratulations.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    The best thing you can do is keep exercising (because it's just good for you) and do a reverse diet. Check out this video on the subject: www.youtube.com/watch?v=A3gTGLulLnI

I've been doing a reverse diet and have raised my maintenance calorie level from 2000 cal/day to ~3000 cal/day. It sure makes maintaining results much easier with having a normal lifestyle.

Allan