Anyone doing paleo diet?

I love eating paleo but I think I am eating too few calories so my weight loss stalls.
Can anyone who has been successful on the paleo plan please give me some tips on how many calories to consume or suggestions on how to get the best result from eating this way...... Thank you :)

Replies

• yarwell
    yarwell Posts: 10,477 Member
    Your diary is closed and you aren't giving much away, hence the lack of response. How many calories a day are you eating, how many grams of protein, what are your stats and activity level etc.....
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Anyone who is on here will tell you to eat either the MFP recommended calories for your size and age or the calories you get using the TDEE method on like fitnessfrog or scoobyworkshop websites...paleo or no.
  • CJsf1t
    CJsf1t Posts: 414 Member
    If you are interested in paleo go to the paleo support group. Its a very restrictive diet and you won't find much support here
  • kgeyser
    kgeyser Posts: 22,505 Member
    Paleo isn't a weight loss plan, so there's your first problem right there. As for the "best result eating this way," many people who eat paleo do so because of food intolerances, not to lose weight.

If you're not losing weight, you're not in a calorie deficit, unless you have a medical condition.

• Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    I'd suggest joining the paleo group, and then opening your diary and asking them. The main boards don't generally serve folks doing something other than just counting calories.
  • shannonkj35
    shannonkj35 Posts: 5
    edited November 2014
    ok
  • libbydoodle11
    libbydoodle11 Posts: 1,351 Member
    Sorry if I asked the wrong question, it seems like everyone is upset because I asked a question. I hope you all have a wonderful day :)

No one is upset. They are asking you for more information and also referring you other groups that specialize in eating Paleo.
  • Sabine_Stoehm,bcomingfitmom, ty I didn't know there was a paleo group
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    No one is upset. It's just that when folks like you ask a question about paleo it usually brings out the locals who then thread jack the thread with nonsense comments and gifs. In other words, these threads rarely end well. So we offered you a place where you CAN ask about paleo and get answers about paleo. cheers.