Cutting out all liquid calories....

Options
2»

Replies

• Tea_Mistress
    Tea_Mistress Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Sounds about right, except I always have a light hot chocolate with dinner , I dunno, I feel like it really fills me up XD
    + booze
  • halobender
    halobender Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse is my go-to store-bought smoothie; their list of ingredients and nutrients are ... OK. The smoothie that I make for myself has 27 grams of sugar but it also yields about 21 oz of smoothie as opposed to 15.3 oz of Bolthouse (their smallest bottle) which has about 42 grams of sugar. Looking at their web site the nutrition facts list 8 oz as a serving for the 130 calories and 22 grams of sugar. So for the amount you're better off making your own smoothie but ... sometimes it's just easier to open a bottle.

Anyway, just watch serving size, really. I'm one of those people ... if I get a 15.3 oz bottle, I'm pretty sure I'll just finish the whole amount and that's 42 grams of sugar right there, even if it is from fruit/veggies. (Also, if you wanna go by the above fiber:sugar ratio Bolthouse would fail as their fiber amount for 8 oz is 2 grams.)

With regard to cutting out the liquid calories, that's not a bad idea. I have hot cocoa and irish cream once a day, usually ... but everything in moderation, right? Also if you're drinking lots of water (as opposed to diet sodas, etc) it'll lower your sodium levels and so long as you're not wiping them out entirely that's not bad.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    No if i followed this rule, i'd have to give up drinking coffee. And coffee is one of the things that has made my diet so easy. Ie the milk in my coffee. Coffee with milk is my go to in between snack. It keeps me going through the day. Yes i count all the calories. but the great thing about coffee is that it doesn't spike your appetite. Rather it can knock the edge of it, unless you are seriously hungry.
  • 0somuchbetter0
    0somuchbetter0 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I tend not to drink my calories unless they get me drunk.

*LIKE*
  • maria0elisa
    maria0elisa Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I tend not to drink my calories unless they get me drunk.

Haha perfect philosophy