Credit Cards

Are Credit Card offers coming much to your mail or smart phone? I get so many offers I wonder if they are hurting and are desparate for customers. I personally quit them and have only a debit card but that doesn't stop the offers.

Replies

• 3laine75
    3laine75 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Give them a call. I was sick of getting one from the same company all the time (extra letters to shred), I gave them a call and they stopped.
  • I don't get calls much.....mostly mail.
  • Alatariel75
    Alatariel75 Posts: 18,135 Member
    I used to get a lot in the mail. So I'd take out all the forms, mix them up, put them into the reply-paid envelopes and post them back.
  • Reedern
    Reedern Posts: 525 Member
    When I get the ones in the mail that have the prepaid envelope. I write in huge letters in red ink that I am not interested and mail it back. They have to pay for the postage and I get my message across.
  • giggitygoo
    giggitygoo Posts: 1,978 Member
    Opt out for 5 years at a time:

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,941 Member
    Credit runs our economy. If people only paid cash for what they bought, we would see a GIGANTIC loss in profits from EVERY CORPORATION in the world.
    Since the rates are low right now, it's more than likely easier to access new credit cards so putting it out there is the way they get people to sign up.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • KandGRanch
    KandGRanch Posts: 131 Member
    warriorguy wrote: »
    Are Credit Card offers coming much to your mail or smart phone? I get so many offers I wonder if they are hurting and are desparate for customers. I personally quit them and have only a debit card but that doesn't stop the offers.
    I have noticed the number of them increasing here too. We shred the letters and put them in the compost.

• ShellyBell999
    ShellyBell999 Posts: 1,482 Member
    Debt free and one CC for ratings and emergencies.
    I find that the more money I have in the bank,
    the more offers I get from credit companies.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,941 Member
    Debt free and one CC for ratings and emergencies.
    I find that the more money I have in the bank,
    the more offers I get from credit companies.
    Looking to get there. While CC and loan debt is zero, still got the mortgage and a car (2 years left) to pay off.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png

• I had a bankruptcy which left still 5 figure debt....got a gift of over 45,000....so I paid all off cards, car, and house. ... cancelled all credit cards, and now exist on a pay as you go basis