Actual things to motivate

Options
K. So I'm trying to come up with a list of incentives to keep me moving as I progress. I think giving incentive to this, learning to pamper my body in a healthy way as I progress in losing weight and toning, may make this work more. I've come to this conclusion because my job comes with extra incentive if I perform well, so I think it's now my nature. :-\ (maybe why I have chocolate after I work a longer day?- I feel like I deserve it for my hard work...really though, I'm' pampering' myself with destructive habits). I have one week with an expensive hair appointment, a fitbit charge one week, a gym membership to a gym with a pool one week, that's all I have for 24 weeks. Call me American, or spoiled, but I know myself, and I know that I'm going to need a longer list to help me stay on track. I'm not good at this pampering self thing...especially if I'm doing it in a healthy way. What are some rewards you guys have used as motivation to keep moving forward?

-Note, I want to do this for longer than 24 weeks...I want to do a lifestyle change, I just became really discouraged with my list, so stopped writing in my planner after that many

Replies

0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    If you go for things that are too expensive you'll lose weight but also your bank balance. How about some new make-up or nail polish? Trip to the cinema (without popcorn) or perhaps do something like take a driving lesson, scuba diving or horseriding lesson each fortnight that you hit your weightloss goal - that way you'll be changing your looks but also learning a new lifeskill.
  • KayNowayJose
    KayNowayJose Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    Oh my goodness, thank you so much! I can not think of the last time I bought a new thing of nail polish. It's seriously been years. I think I may make that a week 3 reward. And I think a movie would be perfect for week 10, my husband and I only go see a movie like twice a year, so that'd be nice.

The others, are not possible because of health problems I have and...a fear of horses. But I get the idea you're making. Thanks!

OH, I remember I have a whole bunch of pictures I want to print for my photo albums, but we need more ink and paper. Maybe on week 15, I'll invest in that. Thank you so much!
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    My reward comes daily, from looking in the mirror. It comes when my pants are baggy and I have to go buy new ones in a smaller size. It comes when I up my DL!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    Find ways to reward yourself with pride in your actions. Like instead of saying this week if I workout for 5 days I can have a nice bottle of wine for the weekend or something - instead try racing your ghost, beating your current PRs (one a week) or something like that. Mix together weeks or days where you give yourself rewards and other weeks and days where the ACT ITSELF and the pride and self of accomplishment with it is the reward. This way you don't become dependent and you can get a healthier view of things as you move into the future with your goals.
This discussion has been closed.