Best running socks to prevent blisters in Australia

Options
Any faves?

Replies

• Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Thanks I just ordered 3 pairs :-) gahhhh to blisters :-)
  • maybyn
    maybyn Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I use thick breathable hiking socks for my long runs. I can go up to 50-60km without blisters in them and I'm very prone to blisters. The thinner socks don't work for me.
  • Edie30
    Options
    Oh good idea:-)
  • peter56765
    peter56765 Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    Very fond of Balega socks for running. I'm not in Australia but I would imagine they'd prevent blisters down under as well as anywhere else :)

Seriosuly though, I'd stay away from anything cotton. You want synthetic.
  • tedrickp
    tedrickp Posts: 1,229 Member
    Options
    Had horrible foot blister problems and found that Wright Socks work the best. Even better than doubling up socks (which did help a bit)
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Assuming your shoes fit reasonably well, I like the thinnest socks I can find. Preferably synthetic over wool, but never cotton.

I really like Swiftwick and Features brands.

Smartwool and Icebreaker are nice if you prefer wool.
  • hermann341
    hermann341 Posts: 443 Member
    Options
    Oddly enough, even in warm weather socks with wool are a good choice. Naturally wicking and a good interface between your foot and your shoe. Swiftwick and Smartwool are excellent.
  • pietomb00
    pietomb00 Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Not sure if you get them out there but I use "1000 mile" socks they're pretty awesome, never had a blister in them. Actually even play basketball in then as I can't get a pair of shoes to fit properly so they protect my feet.
  • Edie30
    Options
    Some great recommendations thanks. And I'm lolling a lot at the down under bit! I'm only aussie by citizenship but it's now my home. I wonder if Aussies have less trouble with blisters though as most Aussies I know have well worn in hard skin on the soles of their feet from going barefoot as kids a lot! Maybe it's a queensland thang! I'm obviously a big softie lol :-)