Diet tips

Options
Hi,
I am a 30-year-old woman trying to get ride of that extra 10 kilos which I have gained during the past one year. I easily get crow lines and smile lines, the moment I cut down calories. When I was 57, my skin had lost its lustre. I still have those smile lines... What should I include in my diet?

Replies

• alehundrah
    alehundrah Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    The best advice that was ever given to me is not to get in a diet. Diets fail. Although you may initially lose weight, you are less likely to stick to a diet and more likely to gain the weight back. My advice is to watch what you eat and limits fatty foods. Definitely cut back on the fast food, sugars, too much carbs and the junk food like chips.Athough you want to cut back, dint stop eating them completely. If you're ever craving something eat it. just make sure to exercise and make sure sure that the rest of the day you make healthier choices. Eat more fruits and vegetables and drink lots of water. Ultimately, healthy living is a lifelong commitment. You can eat a decent amount of calories and lose weight as long as you are including exercise in your day.
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    1. Find your TDEE. Easiest way is to use a TDEE calculator online. http://iifym.com/tdee-calculator/

2. Subtract 20% from your TDEE if you're trying to lose weight

3. Macros can change based on you goals, but in general, set dietary fat goal to 0.4 grams per lb of body weight, set protein goal to 1 gram per lb of Lean Body Mass, and remaining calories can go to carbohydrates. 30g is a good minimum as a fiber goal. You don't need to worry about sugar intake unless you have a medical reason to (diabetic, pre-diabetic, etc). You don't really have to worry about sodium intake unless you have high blood pressure.

4. Eat whatever you want as long as you hit your macro, fiber, and recommended micronutrient goals.

5. Recalculate your macros for every 10 lbs you lose.

6. When you reach your goal weight, reverse diet to maintenance.