Deficit Diet and Mood Fluctuations

Options
2»

Replies

• Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    With only 15 pounds left to lose, having your goal set to a pound a week is too much. Are you exercising and eating back those calories?
  • oedipa_maas
    oedipa_maas Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    WantBestME wrote: »
    meowiyer wrote: »
    If you are also exercising so much, why is your calorie intake just 1200 calories? It seems a bit low, but that is just me.

agreed, at the very least you should NET 1200 cals... thats how MFP is set up to work...

Eat back my calories? :anguished: I will try that may be for an week but i have become so much obsessed with this weight-loss - its really hard :disappointed:

It is really hard. For some people (and I relate), upping calories and eating back your exercise calories inspires fear about regaining weight. But lots of people on here lose weight with more calories and eating back their exercise calories. As someone mentioned, if it's a choice between changing your weight loss plan and how poorly you're treating people who love you, it should be the former.

I have bipolar disorder, so believe me, I know about mood swings. I also know how low blood sugar can make me very angry if I don't eat enough protein and fats, and in general undereating makes me temperamental. There are meditative techniques that can help with out of control emotions; you might want to look into that.

• meowiyer
    meowiyer Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Eat back my calories? :anguished: I will try that may be for an week but i have become so much obsessed with this weight-loss - its really hard :disappointed:

Realising that you have an obsession is half the battle won. Up your fats, up your calories a bit, and chill out with the husband. Is he really going to love you more if you weigh less?
  • WantBestME
    WantBestME Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    With only 15 pounds left to lose, having your goal set to a pound a week is too much. Are you exercising and eating back those calories?

I am exercising but i don't eat back my calories :neutral_face:
  • WantBestME
    Options
    If you are also exercising so much, why is your calorie intake just 1200 calories? It seems a bit low, but that is just me.

agreed, at the very least you should NET 1200 cals... thats how MFP is set up to work...

It is really hard. For some people (and I relate), upping calories and eating back your exercise calories inspires fear about regaining weight. But lots of people on here lose weight with more calories and eating back their exercise calories. As someone mentioned, if it's a choice between changing your weight loss plan and how poorly you're treating people who love you, it should be the former.

I have bipolar disorder, so believe me, I know about mood swings. I also know how low blood sugar can make me very angry if I don't eat enough protein and fats, and in general undereating makes me temperamental. There are meditative techniques that can help with out of control emotions; you might want to look into that.

Thanks for understanding. I will try to maintain both. I am practicing to stay calm and start doing yoga :smile:
  • WantBestME
    Options

Realising that you have an obsession is half the battle won. Up your fats, up your calories a bit, and chill out with the husband. Is he really going to love you more if you weigh less?
    True that. His love is and was the same always. Infact he wants me to eat and stay healthy. Poor him, i should stop getting angry at him at petty things. He becomes v.sad when i am angry and that's all he does, doesn't even talks back - just says " its not healthy to become angry like this".
    But yesterday was day 1 without any mood issues inspite of him coming late due to his work.
    Today will be day2 on this streak . I am going to maintain a "MyHappyPal" Diary :wink: