Calories Burned MFP

Options
My HRM broke awhile ago and with the holidays approaching don't think I would be buying one anytime soon (I guess I can always add it to my xmas list). For now I'm using the calories burned on this website but I'm taking away 50%. For example if MFP says I burned 500cal in 45minutes. I put 45minutes but change the calories burned to 250cal. I usually eat about 75% of that back.

Anybody else take off a percentage of calories burned that MFP gives you? If so how much?

Replies

• cw106
    cw106 Posts: 952 Member
    Options
    i log all my exercise via mfp but eat back only 25% max to maintain a net calorie deficit.
    i have done comparisons with many other calorie burn websites and mfp is close enough for me.
    i do also log on my gym website for trainer to view,and roughly the same.
    its only a guide to the overall bigger picture.
  • jacksonpt
    jacksonpt Posts: 10,413 Member
    Options
    If you had been using an HRM, you should be able to figure out a reasonable approximation from previous workouts. I've used an HRM enough such that I don't really need it anymore - I know about I burn per minute during my most common workouts.

But to your question, no... when I use MFP estimates, I use the number MFP gives. It's always been "reasonably accurate" for me.