canoepug56 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Whats so bad about 50% protein ?
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    canoepug wrote: »

It's overkill and completely unnecessary.
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,575 Member
    Options
    buy a family pack of chicken breasts and cook it up. eat it all in a week. lunch time? chicken. snack time? chicken. dinner time? chicken.

I'd get really sick of chicken then...

you can barbecue it, boil it, broil it, bake it, saute it. Dey's uh, chicken-kabobs, chicken creole, chicken gumbo. Pan fried, deep fried, stir-fried. There's pineapple chicken, lemon chicken, coconut chicken, pepper chicken, chicken soup, chicken stew, chicken salad, chicken and potatoes, chicken burger, chicken sandwich. That- that's about it.

Cook chicken for me.
  • Lofteren
    Lofteren Posts: 960 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Get a new trainer[/quote]

^This. Anyone throwing around BS like somatotypes doesn't know what they are talking about.
  • canoepug56
    Options

What if someones on keto ? I realise the op isn't.
  • Ainesilver
    Ainesilver Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Grass fed meat of any kind.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

Keto should be a high fat diet. Not protein.
  • SpicesOfLife
    SpicesOfLife Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    i know you said you wanted to stay away from processed foods but how do you feel about "natural" plant based powders? like this:

http://www.plantfusion.net/products/plantfusion

its at least more hippie-ish :D
  • redheaddee
    redheaddee Posts: 2,005 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    i did nazi that coming
    OMG this made me LOL...thanks for that, now my assistant is looking at me like I have gone cuckoo for cocoa puffs.

• arditarose
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »
    My Personal Trainer has suggested this because I'm an 'endomorph' - so 50% protein is what I'm going to try and it's bloody hard.

Not eating processed because I'm basically a wannabe hippie....trying to keep it natural, plus I have pretty bad stomach issues, so keeping away from all the 'extra' stuff that I don't really know what it is, means I know exactly what is going it..

But then someone dangles a bit of processed yumminess in front of my and all my 'hippie' values go straight out the door...I love food.

Get a new trainer

Agree with this guy.

I love my trainer. But every time she tells me to change or try something, I research it. She is a great lady who is teaching me form for heavy lifting, but she's young and not a 400 dollar and hour trainer to the stars.

Check out what your trainer is telling you! Even on form/exercises. I know it seems redundant because why would you pay for a trainer if you could learn everything online....Oh...wait.
  • canoepug56
    Options
    Hornsby wrote: »

Keto should be a high fat diet. Not protein.

Thank you :)
  • eatmindfully
    eatmindfully Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    I think that is way more protein than your body can use. Lentils are a personal favorite for me!
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    Hippies don't have personal trainers. That's for yuppies.
    So you're going to have to make up your mind. ;)
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,948 Member
    Options
    My Personal Trainer has suggested this because I'm an 'endomorph' - so 50% protein is what I'm going to try and it's bloody hard.

Not eating processed because I'm basically a wannabe hippie....trying to keep it natural, plus I have pretty bad stomach issues, so keeping away from all the 'extra' stuff that I don't really know what it is, means I know exactly what is going it..

But then someone dangles a bit of processed yumminess in front of my and all my 'hippie' values go straight out the door...I love food.

Get a new trainer

+1

• ahoier
    ahoier Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    Dairy is some of the BEST form of protein you can consume...it is the easiest form of protein for your body to digest, and utilize so I've heard...

That being said, nothing wrong with pasteurized egg whites (think egg beaters), cottage cheese, greek yogurt (stick to plain...and add blueberries, etc.....to the Mix yourself to monitor the sugar), KEFIR is another good one...it may be found next to the yogurt, or even in the "milk case" at your local grocer...it's basically a yogurt-ized (lol?) smoothie lol. It's got the consistency of yogurt, but you can drink it by the glass.....easy. I get the strawberry kind...it's also very rich in probiotics which will aide in digesting all of this protein you are consuming.

I don't know wat 50% comes out to be for you...but in the fitness world, I have heard of people eating 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight......

Also, don't forget the produce department...you'll be amazed at how much protein you can find over there!
    Sweet Potatoes
    Edamame
    Nuts, Seeds, of all kinds!
    33839_10151138337237572_1694769595_n.jpg
  • asdowe13
    asdowe13 Posts: 1,951 Member
    Options
    ahoier wrote: »
    Dairy is some of the BEST form of protein you can consume...it is the easiest form of protein for your body to digest, and utilize so I've heard...

That being said, nothing wrong with pasteurized egg whites (think egg beaters), cottage cheese, greek yogurt (stick to plain...and add blueberries, etc.....to the Mix yourself to monitor the sugar), KEFIR is another good one...it may be found next to the yogurt, or even in the "milk case" at your local grocer...it's basically a yogurt-ized (lol?) smoothie lol. It's got the consistency of yogurt, but you can drink it by the glass.....easy. I get the strawberry kind...it's also very rich in probiotics which will aide in digesting all of this protein you are consuming.

I don't know wat 50% comes out to be for you...but in the fitness world, I have heard of people eating 1 gram of protein per lb of body weight......

Also, don't forget the produce department...you'll be amazed at how much protein you can find over there!
    Sweet Potatoes
    Edamame

Tomato is a fruit.

Nuts are a terrible source of protein, great source of fat.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options

50% is too high for keto too
  • refuseresist
    refuseresist Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    You'll prbably just wizz it all out again. :o
  • arditarose
    Options
    You'll prbably just wizz it all out again. :o

lol. Wizz.
  • EvanKeel
    EvanKeel Posts: 1,904 Member
    Options
    ahoier wrote: »

Sweet Potatoes
    Edamame

The chart is a little silly.

Let's say I'm trying to 150g of protein in a day. That's slightly lower than the OP, but not a lot.

Yes, 100g of chicken breast has 23g of protein. I don't know how they're getting the numbers for Broccoli, which has 4.17 grams of protein for 148g serving (if we believe the usda database).

Simple math was never my strong suit. Feel free to double check me

Now...I could reach that protein goal by eating about 23oz of chicken breast (or about 1.44 lbs). That's not that much chicken spread throughout the day.

or...

You could eat 11.79 pounds of Broccoli for an equivalent amount of protein. My colon would hate me, but egad man.

Silly chart is silly.