Fell off the Wagon :(

Options
:'( Completely fell off the wagon! I have never taken medicine in my life except for Tylenol/Aspirin and what not! I was recently prescibed some medicine that I have to take daily. Not sure what the issue is??? I was doing Focus T25 really well, even lost 18 pounds and now I cant seem to even force myself to do the exercises. I seem to have lost my mojo! Even lost a few friends on here due to me not logging in anymore! (unfortuntaly it is not all me, my app on my phone isnt working correctly)

I felt so much better when I was exercising. Asked my Dr about this and her response was to give it a month. It will take a while for your body to adjust to a medication. Well I am really not liking the feeling of not wanting to do anything. I go to work and by the time I get home I feel like I am completely drained. I havent really gained anything. I keep fluctualting between the same 5 lbs.

Anyone started a new medication and it completely threw you out of whack?????

Replies

• galprincess
    galprincess Posts: 682 Member
    Options
    Hi well yes but possibly different I did 2 ivfs (both successful) and the drugs that I was on made me feel like rubbish no energy bad skin so lethargic and that isn't me I am a bouncy hyper kind of girl but I would say give it 8 weeks and rest let your body adjust and try and focus solely on diet as you don't need exercise to lose lbs it just requires you to eat at a deficit so do that. Feel free to add me I don't delete anyone unless they are abusive or encouraging a very unhealthy lifestyle
  • 999tigger
    999tigger Posts: 5,235 Member
    Options
    Dont panic you are maintaining or can lose weight just from the deficit from the diet.

Instead of beating yourself up about being in crisis ir failing to meet your expectations at going back to the T25 level, then deal with the here and now by doing 10,20,30 min walk a day and gradually increase it. Any movement burns calories. Small targets and build yourself back up again. Be your own best friend and encourage yourself instead of worrting too much about the medication. I would get back to the logging though as thats more importnat than exercise.
  • SnuggleSmacks
    SnuggleSmacks Posts: 3,731 Member
    Options
    No, but my beloved dog of 14 years passed away, and that completely threw me off track. I took about 6 weeks off to mourn, gained a few pounds, didn't exercise at all, ate whatever I wanted, and it was less of a disaster than I thought it would be. I'm now recovering from that break.

All you can do is start from here. Every day, make a choice that is healthier than the choice you made the day before. Don't think of it in black and white absolutes, where you're either on the wagon or not...think of it as a spectrum of healthy choices.

Even my turkey meatloaf could be healthier...I topped it with mozzarella cheese...but on the spectrum of foods I could have made for lunch today, this turkey meatloaf is way over on the healthy side.

I didn't go to the gym last night because I had gone to the grocery store on my lunch break and had stuff that needed to go from the work fridge to the home fridge. So instead I did a Fitness Blender workout. Not as healthy a choice as going to the gym and working my program, but certainly still on the healthy side of the spectrum. I don't feel bad at all.

We really need to stop beating ourselves up, feeling guilty, and setting up pass/fail scenarios with our fitness.