Dude, she was a total nut bag

Options

Replies

• anvy0530
    anvy0530 Posts: 1,606 Member
    Options
    That is an awesome story. I'm so glad to hear it. You rock!
  • LisaNa10
    LisaNa10 Posts: 14
    Options
    Great post! Congratulations on turning your life around. I hope to do the same.
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    Love it!
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    This made me cry and smile at the same time. :smile:

Me, too-- it's beautiful.
  • yellowchick79
    Options
    Wow...This was the best post. It helps me to remember to look at the big picture. Don't sweat the small stuff and family is everything. Great!!
  • shell1205
    shell1205 Posts: 138
    Options
    What an amazing story... I teared up and laughed at the same time!!

I see a lot of me in this. I am miserable. Last night, I kept saying how much I hated myself. And my husband hates to hear me talk like that, so he gets upset... it's a vicious cycle.

Today, I decided to start the C25K program, my hubby is going to join me, and I read your post, which has totally inspired me!

I need to do this for me, and for my family... thanks so much for sharing!!
  • nheady
    nheady Posts: 2
    Options
    I am starting to get some of the same feedback from my family. I have lost 43 pounds so far, and lately my husband follows me around like a puppy. If I'm in the other room, he's like, "where'd she go, where'd she go?" My children are suddenly complimentary (they are all adults) and suddenly I "look younger" and "real fly". Say what? This is instead of "Mom, you don't look quite so large in that other dress." Who are you and what have you done with my family?

(May I also say that I know that my children love me, and they have never intentionally said anything to make me feel bad.)

This is so cool. I am starting to get my body back, as well as my self-esteem. I am sure now that I am going to reach my goal of a 100-lb loss!
  • molberts
    molberts Posts: 35
    Options
    How lovely, well done you! :-)
  • april522
    april522 Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Great story! I know I will catch myself "dancing" while sitting (aerobics music in my head), and I tend to hum more often - and I haven't lost near as much weight as you. So, exercising and loosing weight (no matter how small the numbers are) has a huge impact on your mental attitude. I am so much happier now than I was 6 months ago.
  • abeare
    abeare Posts: 510 Member
    Options
    Thank you!

I needed to be reminded that I can be the happy and energetic person I once was, and that all this work isn’t just for the physical change but the emotional one too.

Your story renewed the hope I had.
  • TC318
    TC318 Posts: 8
    Options
    Aweseome post!!!!!!
  • Peg007
    Peg007 Posts: 5
    Options
    Wow, yep made me cry and smile at the same time too. Thanks for sharing. I mean, like, awesome job!!!:smile:
  • ritodcin03
    ritodcin03 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    that was such a beautiful post! I just got a little misty reading it. Thanks for sharing! :happy:
  • Allibaba
    Allibaba Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I love this! I am tearing up a bit as well, but you made me smile too!
  • NicolePayne
    NicolePayne Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    What a great post!! TY for sharing it...it's just amazing how much we can change (physically, emotionally and mentally) when on this journey to lose weight! Keep up the great work!!
  • softlyspoken68
    Options
    Dude...:) I can relate....
    you needed to post this
    for so many...and for our reminders....
    God is good for blessing you like this.
    IKeep it up....
  • msciccone1
    msciccone1 Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    Wow I felt like crying because its true we change because we are not happy with ourselves. Congratulations on the inner and outer transformation! :flowerforyou:
  • Shelley99
    Shelley99 Posts: 5
    Options
    This made me cry and smile at the same time. :smile:

Me, too-- it's beautiful.

Me three :smile:
  • Tamx
    Tamx Posts: 1
    Options
    fantastic post !!!!! really made me smile.

from London England
  • mm3898
    mm3898 Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I totally know what you mean! When I was deep in an eating disorder, I was a complete nut bag! Back then I was way underweight, now I'm overweight so I want to get to a happy place where my weight is healthy and I'm not psycho beeyatch all the time! Congrats on finding the happy you! Loved the post!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!