June 2013 Challenge (using Google Spreadsheet)

Back in 2011, I joined a group on MFP called "Lose 10 pounds in 30 days". That was the most amazing experience ever!!! After starting April, I then joined May, June, July and took over the group in August! The support on the forum was UNBELIEVABLE! Everyone was so kind and motivational. We would leave eachother comments in the forum to encourage everyone to lose the weight that they needed to. This is just what I needed. I ended up losing 30 pounds in 3 months! I can't thank anyone more than those on MFP!

So now is the time for me to share with you the journey that I took and encourage you to join.

I had a baby 4 months ago and I have GOT to get this weight off. I have 52.2 pounds to lose and could use your help!!! Let's work together to get this weight off that we all need to.

:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: DIRECTIONS :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

1. Follow this link to the Google Spreadsheet:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Asd852gweHhsdDRiWGNQeGhsQ3V1elVVT1dTbDNHZ1E&usp=sharing

2. Type in your username and your starting weight as of today.

3. Weigh ins will be on Fridays. Although this is a June Challenge, I have the starting date for May 31st to keep the constant flow of the Friday weigh ins (considering June 1st is a Saturday).

4. I will post weekly mini challenges every SATURDAY MORNING (so be sure to check out either the FORUM or the GOOGLE SPREADSHEET for the mini challenges).

5. Use the Forum to Encourage others and send us your motivational thoughts.

6. At the top of the spreadsheet where the column names are; there are comments that I have written to help you fill out the form.

***** MINI CHALLENGES FOR THE FIRST WEEK *****
1. Drink at least 8 (8oz) glasses of water every day
2. Burn 200 calories 3 days a week (More is absolutely encouraged)
3. Do 25 jumping jacks this week!

Interested in this group? Feel free to join. There are 100 spaces on the spreadsheet for anyone who would like to join. If need be, I will surely add more :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Hope you will be a part of this journey to a NEW YOU!!!

Replies

• Ceciliatatum
    Ceciliatatum Posts: 16 Member
    I'd really like to join this group but cannot figure out how to add my data to the spreadsheet... Please help!
  • mommytoaiden
    mommytoaiden Posts: 75 Member
    Is it locked? Can't type anything
  • TLHarwick
    TLHarwick Posts: 44 Member
    Sounds fun...

I am always in for a challenge, and will need to keep myself accounted for this summer (since I work for a school system I am off and could go back to my evil ways!)

Also, if you are unable to edit the spreadsheet, it is probably because you are using an unsupported browser. I am at work at the moment and we still are using IE.. I will put my information in at home (using Chrome).
  • annebaum41912
    annebaum41912 Posts: 87 Member
    It says it is view only. I want to join :)
  • blondageh
    blondageh Posts: 923 Member
    I am in. I just requested access to the sheet. (Heatherdawnjones)
  • johnglenn1973
    johnglenn1973 Posts: 274
    I can't edit the spreadsheet
  • tiffypooh2u
    tiffypooh2u Posts: 299 Member
    I apologize!!! let me see what the heck is going on LOL! SO SORRY!
  • tiffypooh2u
    Is that any better??
  • n_sura
    n_sura Posts: 2 Member
    Sounds great - would love to join but cannot access either.
  • johnglenn1973
    Is that any better??

Still view only for me :)
  • blondageh
    I think you have to add the people via their e-mail address.

Type the email addresses of the people you want to share with in the text box below "Add people." You can add a single person, a mailing list, or choose from your contacts.
    Choose the access level from the drop-down menu next to each collaborator: "Can view," "Can comment" (Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations only), or "Can edit."
  • johnglenn1973

Type the email addresses of the people you want to share with in the text box below "Add people." You can add a single person, a mailing list, or choose from your contacts.
    Choose the access level from the drop-down menu next to each collaborator: "Can view," "Can comment" (Google documents, spreadsheets, and presentations only), or "Can edit."

I think you can also do the following:

1. Share with anyone with the link
    2. Make sure that anyone with a link can edit (by default this is view)

It shouldn't require you to know everyone's e-mail address.
  • Justacoffeenut
    Justacoffeenut Posts: 3,808 Member
    Sounds interesting. I can't log in on the spreadsheet either.
  • CAS317
    CAS317 Posts: 267 Member
    Sounds like a plan. Will check this out when I get home as I'm pretty sure I can't access it on my phone.
  • graciepecie
    graciepecie Posts: 135 Member
    I'm up for this challenge!
  • blondageh

You are correct, I was reading the part about sharing via email (Help Menu). So yeah, you should be able to just choose share with anyone with the link and set the permissions to edit.
  • Ceciliatatum
    Ceciliatatum Posts: 16 Member
    No, still can't get on
  • johnglenn1973

You are correct, I was reading the part about sharing via email (Help Menu). So yeah, you should be able to just choose share with anyone with the link and set the permissions to edit.

No worries!! However, feel free to send me your e-mails :) I know a couple of companies that will pay top dollar to spam you with pointless ads!
  • mararabb
    mararabb Posts: 37 Member
    Would love to join, I've read all the comments and I'm still not sure how to get added. NM - had a senior moment. I've got it now.
  • tiffypooh2u
    FIXED!! So Sorry for the inconvenience.