Cleanse

Options
What cleanse have you done? What was the duration? Effects?

Replies

• PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options
    What are you cleansing?
  • diannethegeek
    diannethegeek Posts: 14,776 Member
    Options
    Hi. I think you're going to find that most cleanses aren't well respected around here. Titling a thread "Cleanse" is likely to act as a sort of bat-signal to call everyone in here for jokes, gifs, and a general attempt to lighten the mood, plus some complaints that we're all mean and at least one attempt at defending cleanses.

I don't know if this one is still stickied to the top of the boards, but it has a good collection of links if you'd like to know more: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse
  • s_pekz
    s_pekz Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    I cleanse at night before bed. Approximately 15 minutes. Its wonderful to have a hot shower and then climb into bed. Highly recomend my cleanse.
  • nsalley99
    Options
    Hi. I think you're going to find that most cleanses aren't well respected around here. Titling a thread "Cleanse" is likely to act as a sort of bat-signal to call everyone in here for jokes, gifs, and a general attempt to lighten the mood, plus some complaints that we're all mean and at least one attempt at defending cleanses.

I don't know if this one is still stickied to the top of the boards, but it has a good collection of links if you'd like to know more: http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/1159755/looking-for-a-detox-cleanse

I'm not saying they are or aren't well respected. All the frivolous responses are okay because those are peoples opinions. Which is what I'm asking for. Peoples general viewpoints on a topic.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    nsalley99 wrote: »

I'm not saying they are or aren't well respected. All the frivolous responses are okay because those are peoples opinions. Which is what I'm asking for. Peoples general viewpoints on a topic.

That is going to be the general census around here. Your body does it naturally.
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options

You didn't answer an important question: What are you cleansing?
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options

Since she got that out of the way...

I've done the pooping cleanse. It works great.
  • PRMinx
    PRMinx Posts: 4,585 Member
    Options

Cleanses are a waste of time and money. Your body will take care of itself.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    i have not done a cleanse- my cousin does them like clock work- and it goes like this:
    - drink/eat expensive weird concoctions, feel great, end cleanse...eat too much to make up for food missed during cleanse, be the same as before cleanse
  • FredDoyle
    FredDoyle Posts: 2,273 Member
    Options
    If it's tarnished silver you are cleansing there is a really neat trick/experiment that doesn't remove any silver from the item:
    http://scifun.chem.wisc.edu/homeexpts/tarnish.html
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    s_pekz wrote: »
    I cleanse at night before bed. Approximately 15 minutes. Its wonderful to have a hot shower and then climb into bed. Highly recomend my cleanse.

Where is the "like" button for this post?
  • tulips_and_tea
    tulips_and_tea Posts: 5,718 Member
    Options
    jaquelynny wrote: »
    i have not done a cleanse- my cousin does them like clock work- and it goes like this:
    - drink/eat expensive weird concoctions, feel great, end cleanse...eat too much to make up for food missed during cleanse, be the same as before cleanse

This exactly. That's why the industry continues to make money off of these things because it's not permanent. In a few rare cases people are able to use these as a successful starting point to weight-loss simply because the initial weight loss is a good motivator (even though it is mainly water). But, sometimes it's the psychological effect that makes a difference.

Otherwise, they are just a waste of money.
  • SonicDeathMonkey80
    SonicDeathMonkey80 Posts: 4,489 Member
    Options
    I do the apple cleanse and it makes me run pretty fast
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    Are you just trying to make yourself poop? Taco Bell should take care of that for you.
  • Hornsby
    Hornsby Posts: 10,322 Member
    Options

You are confused. Saying that a cleanse is unnecessary and doesn't really do anything is a FACT. Not an opinion. Don't waste your money.
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Options
    What cleanse have you done? What was the duration? Effects?

I use bodywash. It is highly effective at eliminating odor and leaving a pleasant, fresh scent after I shower.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    MrM27 wrote: »
    I was considering some Magnesium citrate tonight. I cleansed last night but I didn't feel fully cleansed. I was looking for more of an explosive cleanse.

I'll give you my 'script for MoviPrep when I get it.
  • Some_Watery_Tart
    Some_Watery_Tart Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I'm a huge fan of showering. But if you're looking for something to give your liver and kidneys a run for their money, I highly recommend the sugar free gummy bear cleanse. Your guts will be squeaky clean!