Why can't I get motivated like I did before to lose the weight?

Options
2»

Replies

• cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    motivation is a fleeting thing...developing healthy habits is what is ultimately necessary for any kind of long term success. making and breaking habits it tough work...don't try to do too much at once...baby steps...just try to do a little better today than you did yesterday. Set mini goals for yourself that don't necessarily have anything to do with the number on the scale...things like eating 6 full servings of vegetables today, etc.

Being a healthy weight is simply a bi-product of living a healthful lifestyle...to live a healthful lifestyle requires developing healthful habits. When you do that, things tend to fall into place.
  • hazel8605
    hazel8605 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I did a mile and a half on the treadmill last night plus worked out this morning with a workout video I did before I really liked it. I feel good already I just hope I can keep it up.
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! day one is OVER!!!!!!!!!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    cwolfman13 wrote: »
    motivation is a fleeting thing...developing healthy habits is what is ultimately necessary for any kind of long term success. making and breaking habits it tough work...don't try to do too much at once...baby steps...just try to do a little better today than you did yesterday. Set mini goals for yourself that don't necessarily have anything to do with the number on the scale...things like eating 6 full servings of vegetables today, etc.

Being a healthy weight is simply a bi-product of living a healthful lifestyle...to live a healthful lifestyle requires developing healthful habits. When you do that, things tend to fall into place.

Thank you for posting this!