DOCTOR VISITS SINCE YOUR WEIGHTLOSS?

Options
2»

Replies

• Velum_cado
    Velum_cado Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    I haven't had one at all, and I've never actually seen the doctor I'm registered with. I had a nurse appointment like, 2 years ago where she harangued me about my weight (370 lbs). I kinda just want to go in and have someone start with the, "So you weigh 237 lbs... How do you feel about that?" like she did last time so I can be all, "AMAZING IS HOW I FEEL, BISH!" I have an appointment on the 6th. Fingers crossed! :wink:
  • perfectionisntme
    perfectionisntme Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    They asked me what I did. My D.O. and the nurses asked ME what I was doing. You would think she would know how to lose weight themselves.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to no medications for high blood pressure as well.

I have high chol. So do noth my parents. I'm hoping it has gone now, but I won't take it too hard if it hasn't. My mom lost 30 pounds and hers went UP. If it's still high, I won't feel bad, b/c now at least I'm doing my part. It may just be genetics.

yes high BP and high Cholesterol can be due to genetics. Some people no matter how they eat or what they weigh will still have high BP and high Cholesterol. Fortunately I am still able to get my numbers down with proper diet, exercise and keeping my weight in the normal range.

I lost my weight three years ago and I'm still on BP meds.That's probably not going to change for me.:sad:
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    Going to the Dr. today. We shall see.....

Back about 10 years ago I loss a ton of weight. I was super stoked. I went to the GYN and jumped on scale. The numbers had dropped by over 100lbs. I expected the nurse to say something when she wrote it down under my last weight in. Nothing. :( Ohhhh welllll....

Over 100 lbs should have at least rated you a raised eyebrow. A twitch of the lips. Something....

I know what you mean. My ob/gyn was VERY pleased with just the 6 lbs I'd lost on MFP from Jan to my visit in Feb. That was a thrill as she's the type to chew me out over weight. However, when I saw my family doc a few weeks and a few lbs later, no comment whatsoever. A real downer. But I look at it as the quality of the doc, not me!

And good luck today. :flowerforyou:
  • sweetpea129
    sweetpea129 Posts: 755 Member
    Options
    I dont have a primary doctor :ohwell: But i do have an OBGYN, I havent seen her since losing any of my weight yet. I will see her in the fall. Interested to see what she says!
  • MeIShouldB
    MeIShouldB Posts: 578 Member
    Options
    Going to the Dr. today. We shall see.....

Back about 10 years ago I loss a ton of weight. I was super stoked. I went to the GYN and jumped on scale. The numbers had dropped by over 100lbs. I expected the nurse to say something when she wrote it down under my last weight in. Nothing. :( Ohhhh welllll....

Over 100 lbs should have at least rated you a raised eyebrow. A twitch of the lips. Something....

I know what you mean. My ob/gyn was VERY pleased with just the 6 lbs I'd lost on MFP from Jan to my visit in Feb. That was a thrill as she's the type to chew me out over weight. However, when I saw my family doc a few weeks and a few lbs later, no comment whatsoever. A real downer. But I look at it as the quality of the doc, not me!

And good luck today. :flowerforyou:

I would have been pissed, but not to worry...we all notice and ur the bomb!
  • Rockstar_JILL
    Rockstar_JILL Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I also had a fantastic encounter with my PCP.

I had last seen her at my largest, around 287, two years earlier. The nurse getting my stats did a double take when my chart said my previous weight was 185 from 3 years prior. She confirmed I was who my chart said I was. It was super embarrassing to say the least. My blood pressure was high but not dangerously so, my cholesterol wasn't great but also not terrible, but my vitamin D was 9 (yes, 9). She asked me look into losing some weight and try going outside once in a while or at least eat dairy. I walked out filled with shame and 50,000 i.u. of Vit D.

When I came back to her office this past March, at 164, they had no idea who I was. I've seen this doctor for the past 17 years mind you. My blood work came back perfect, my vitamin D was at 50, and my resting heart rate was down to about 58, glucose at 69. The nurses again did a double take asking if they had the right chart, this time I was proud to say yes. She spent the better part of an hour chatting my ear off about how I had gone about losing the weight.

As I was leaving she turned to ask me, "What on earth made you lose all the weight?" Imagine the look of surprise when I answered, "Because you told me to."

^^^^ this is so awesome!
  • bethany41h
    bethany41h Posts: 218
    Options
    Haha I love that you posted this topic!! I don't see my doctor until August this year and I am very excited to see her response! I was going to make an appointment for something several weeks ago and decided not to b/c I wanted to lose more weight before I see her again. I just want to go in and NOT get that damn "obesity" pamphlet!!
  • pbrinnm
    pbrinnm Posts: 39
    Options
    Saw my doc yesterday. She is very low key. She commented on the loss-"you are down 15 pounds", paused, and said "great, keep going". And then smiled. Her reaction was better than fireworks and a marching band playing in my honor.
  • ozigal
    ozigal Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I never went to a dr when I was obese. I would self medicate. I've iived in the UK for 11 years and I had not registered with a dr until about 6 weeks ago.

At my heaviest I was 242.5lbs. One of the reasons I decided to lose weight was because I thought I was getting diabetes. It runs in my family so I know the symptoms well. I never saw a dr about it. I think I had lost about 65lbs by the time I went to register.

Anyway... walk in to do the regististration and they do height, weight etc and the nurse says to me "Do you realise you are overweight?" Uh... really? She should have seen me when I was morbidly obese.

They did the risk assessment and I came back as not a risk mainly because of the exercise and food I was doing as part of getting fit. I asked them to do the blood tests regardless and all of the tests came back normal - diabetes, cholesterol, kidney and liver... absolutely everything was normal. I can promise you that had they done the tests 6 months before, it would have been a much different story!!
  • Darmanin
    Darmanin Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    One of my more recent trips to the doc after some blood tests showed that my cholesterol was below the normal range. :-)
  • angiecullifer
    angiecullifer Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I saw my cardiologist a few weeks ago and he was so pleased with my weight loss. He took me off of one med and cut another one in half!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!