Snack ideas? HELP!

Options
mnmdance
mnmdance Posts: 21 Member
ok-so I am a snacker. I need snack ideas that are healthy, filling & keep my cravings down.

Thanks in advance! :)

Replies

• Mygsds
    Mygsds Posts: 1,564 Member
    Options
    I like Old El Paso tostado shell with laughing cow wedge spread on top. Less than 100 calories and love that crunch..
  • acpgee
    acpgee Posts: 7,717 Member
    Options
    Raw veg dipped in hummous or tzaziki. Beef jerky. Boiled eggs.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    I guess that would depend on what your cravings are normally for. Sweet, salty, crunchy?

I like things that are low in calorie that I can munch on for a long time. Air popped popcorn with some popcorn oil misted on it and maybe some white cheddar flavoring is great and not many calories. I've also been known to snack on unsweetened dry cereal like Cheerios or Kix. Veggies are great (carrots, sugar snap peas, radishes, cauliflower, broccoli, jicama, celery, cucumber) either plain or dipped in an onion dip made with fat free Greek yogurt, salsa or hummus.
  • NetflixAndStuff
    Options
    Different foods for different cravings...

Sweet: Crystal Light has flavors like Mojito that are extremely sweet but only 5 calories for a large glass of water. Crystal Light is always really good for that.

Salty: Roasted pumpkin seeds, homemade sweet potato fries, pickles.

Other Snacks: A spoonful of peanut butter (high in calories), a spoonful of honey, homed biscuits and honey.

Vegetables: If you're a snacker, try eating very light meals and simply laying out a tray that has on it chopped veggies and fruits. That way you can snack throughout the day and not go overboard on food or calories.
  • elorac26
    elorac26 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Craving chocolate? 40 calorie fudgicle stick
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    acpgee wrote: »

Are you being serious?
  • amphilion
    amphilion Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    Apples and almond butter; hummus and veggies; ricotta and pita; avocado; hard boiled eggs; berries and greek yogurt; a bag of fresh veggies; all great snacks that keep cravings down! Works for me!
  • NotAbbieNormal
    NotAbbieNormal Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Deli-turkey slice rolled around an avocado slice or a piece of low-fat cheese. As others have mentioned, boiled eggs and Greek yogurt are great. Another option is a protein smoothie.
  • conniehgtv
    conniehgtv Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    green beans with soy sauce,pistashios,skinny pop popcorn,radishes,iced coffee with sugar ree French Vanilla creamer...
  • mnmdance
    mnmdance Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! :)
  • sdogg626
    sdogg626 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    my favorites are apple or banana w/peanut butter, bell peppers w/hummus, cottage cheese and mini babybels (delicious AND adorable =))!
  • bonnieneedshelp1
    Options
    I enjoy snacking also. Everyone is different with taste preferences, but I love sweets. What my diatician suggested is high protein and low carb. There is a company called "Health Wise" that have high protein snacks like BBQ chips. They have 15 protein, 8 sugar, and only 14 carbs. They are yummy. This place also has different protein bars such as chocolate, strawberry shortcake, etc. All low sugar ( less than 10g) low carb and up to 15 protein. The trick is switching the carbs to protein type snacks. I have a website or link. Just let me know if it sounds good. And no, this is not an advertised suggest. Just an understanding person.
  • shanksandy
    Options
    I'm going to have to look into that. I keep finding myself coming up short on my protein count, going for jerky and other processed meat products and thinking that there has to be an alternative.
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    As much as I love jerky as a lean protein option, I try not to eat too much of it because of the sodium content. I buy a pre-cooked turkey breast and cut it into 4 ounce servings that I put into separate sandwich bags. Some I throw in the fridge and some I freeze (because it doesn't last more than a week once the package is opened). I can grab a serving and go. I also buy protein powder which, gram per gram, is a relatively cheap source of portable protein and doesn't need refrigeration.
  • Lisajohnston
    Lisajohnston Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I like fruit for sweet cravings I also sometimes have a square or two of dark chocolate with a cocoa content of 70% or more I find it helps without being too much. Vegetables are good as well I often have cucumber, carrots cut up, celery with peanut butter. Peanut butter is high in fat and calories but I find it better than some other things. I also like nuts, raw and unsalted but in reasonable quantities and I don't eat them daily maybe as a snack once or twice a week. I also really like graham crackers and peanut butter although not often as they are a bit higher in fat and calories than some other snacks.
  • Jim_1000
    Jim_1000 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Apple and Cellery Salad (cinamon, sugar and lemon juice)
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Snacking veggies like radishes, carrots, and sliced bell peppers are magic. They're the only snack that actually make me feel full that also has low calorie counts. I don't use dips, I just gravitate towards the ones whose taste I like the most plain (notice flavorless celery is not on this list, ha!)
  • VeryKatie
    VeryKatie Posts: 5,953 Member
    Options
    eldamiano wrote: »
    acpgee wrote: »

Are you being serious?
    What? Those seem fine to me :/

• Angurla
    Angurla Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I love a rice cake, tbsp peanut butter and half of a banana
  • Justcallme_J
    Justcallme_J Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The snacks I eat most often are laughing cow cheese with either a few triscuits or vegetables to dip in them, light string cheese, Boom Chicka Pop popcorn, pistachios in the shell because they take longer to eat, Babybel cheese, beef jerky, pickles, and boiled eggs.