Any early morning exercisers out there, like 5AM?

Options
Hello, I am looking for friends who get their work out done early before work, kids, and the rest of the day piles up on you.. I just started my early routine and so far so good, but I need to stay motivated and not get laaazzzyyyy

Replies

• acorsaut89
    acorsaut89 Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    Oh yes!!! Right here - woot woot
  • samantha01100
    Options
    Up and getting it in at 4:30am! I just started it about 2 wks ago...but I am now an early riser. Needless to say I am no longer a night owl, I'm ready for bed by 8 with my son lol
  • LeadFromTheFront
    LeadFromTheFront Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Way to go! I do a bootcamp Mon/Wed/Fri at 5:15am in Cedar Park, TX. Camp Gladiator.
  • wilsoncl6
    wilsoncl6 Posts: 1,280 Member
    Options
    Early morning is the only time for me. Totally shot by 9:00.
  • bookworm_847
    bookworm_847 Posts: 1,903 Member
    Options
    My alarm goes off at 4:50 AM, and by 5:00 I'm starting my workout. I find I have a harder time talking myself out of it if I get it done bright and early. o:)
  • DorisInTheDena
    DorisInTheDena Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:35 and at the gym at 5:00 AM Mon-Fri. Saturdays the gym opens at 8:00. I'm there at 9:00 to run and do Zumba.
  • chayfabulous
    Options
    WHOOO for the Up and ATEM crowd... I am an early morning up and at the gym before 5 standing with our regular crew saying open open open. There are several of us at the gym that look for one another daily. The locker room is filled with talk and laughter and welcome back if necessary. Mon-Friday 7am on Saturday I try not to work out on Sundays. I think the hardest time is when it is cold and rainy outside you just want to lay in the warmth..
  • cbhubbybubble
    cbhubbybubble Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I get up at 430 and at the gym by 5. Done by 6 and home for a quick shower before work at 7. As much as I hate early mornings, I prefer the calm that time of day to the crowds at the gym after work. I seem to be more motivated to get a morning workout done. If I plan for after work, I'm too good at talking myself out of going.
  • waterwing
    waterwing Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    Yep I'm a 4:44am kinda girl. If it doesn't happen in the early hours then it doesn't really happen. Perfect way to start the day and really wake up!
  • maram29
    maram29 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Up at 4:00, working out by 4:30....wouldn't be as consistent if it were later in the day...things get in the way. Feel free to friend me if you are interested. :)
  • srcardinal10
    srcardinal10 Posts: 387 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 5, and running by 5:45 most days!
  • dawnemjh
    dawnemjh Posts: 1,465 Member
    Options
    I am usually up and working out by 530am during the week. If I don't have any weekend plans I will sleep in and workout around 8 or so!! If I don't workout first thing I lose my motivation, and I also have to do it before the kids get up etc!
  • Serah87
    Serah87 Posts: 5,481 Member
    Options
    5:30 am :wink:
  • lemurcat12
    lemurcat12 Posts: 30,886 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Depending on the day I try to start as early as 5:30 or as late as 6:30 am.
  • grooveadelic
    Options
    I get up at 3.50 to get my dogs fed before I head to the gym, I'm in the pool swimming laps by 4.30 (the only time ALL the lanes aren't being taken up!) I swim from 4.30 to 5AM. It's MY time, I swim and listen to a waterproof Mp3 player and think about the day ahead. it's so totally worth it. I started it about 3 weeks ago to bust this plateau I was in and have just kept up with it.
  • Neggma
    Options
    First alarm goes off at 3:50am, up walking around coffee in hand by 4:10. Dog walked, fed, bags packed and out the door by 4:45. WOD starts at 5am. It's doesn't come naturally or easily but it's NECESSARY and by afternoon and evening I am SO HAPPY it's one less thing I have to think about....
  • sweetNsassy2584
    sweetNsassy2584 Posts: 515 Member
    Options
    Alarm goes off a 4:45. I lift in the mornings and run in the afternoons.
  • michellemybelll
    michellemybelll Posts: 2,228 Member
    Options
    yep. i hit the road for 9 miles or so by 5am every morning.
  • jagpie42
    jagpie42 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Ten weeks of rising at 5 a.m. Did I mention that I am NOT a morning person? However, endorphins work so much better than three cups of coffee. I sleep in on Saturdays until 8.
  • Pixeebug
    Pixeebug Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    The only time I can guarntee that I will make it to the gym is in the morning. I walk into the gym at 4 am. It took me about 3 weeks to adjust. I like being in the gym early, I am more comfortable using the free weights when there are less people and I never have to wait for anything.