People of equal body fat distribution

Do you find it takes longer to realise results in terms of how you look as opposed to those who are bottom or top heavy?
I have gone from 147 lbs to 133lbs in the last ten months and I am 5ft 4.5
I have journeyed very slowly but in the last three months have been content with that, particularly as I am trying to get over an eatinh disorder. In that case you may say I already have a warped perception of my body image, I truly see very little difference. My family haven't noticed though a few friends have. I plan to continue to between.112-118lbs.
But I ask, do you too find that equal body fat distribution seems to reap slower visual results?

Replies

• caitconquersweight
    caitconquersweight Posts: 316 Member
    Yeah, I kinda tend to think so. I'm a pear shape, but my fat is distributed quite well. I have it pretty much everywhere, there's no part of my body that's abnormally thinner than the rest. I even have fat calves and ankles lol. It took a good 30 pounds for other people to notice, and about 50 before I really started to notice myself. Sometimes I have to go back and look at progress pictures to remind myself that there is a huge difference between how I was and how I am now.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    I have fat in my stomach, upper arms, and thighs. And visually I don't look significantly different than I did a few months ago. Reason is that I'm losing weight from areas that are already on the lean side, like my upper back, neck, lower arms, upper chest, shoulders, etc. So.... the areas that ARE fat still LOOK fat because the fat doesn't want to leave.

It's slow for everyone, basically.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    It's slow because you don't have that much to lose. It's harder for us to notice.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,603 Member
    I don't know anyone IRL who is losing lots of weight. 50-75% of the women I know are always on a diet! but nobody is losing much. :)

I don't really care about other people's weight, though. I'm busy working on my own, KWIM?
  • ingasmile2
    ingasmile2 Posts: 43 Member
    I have gone from 142-127 in about 7 months. I could tell things were changing slowly but people noticed really when I had lost 13-15lbs. Before that no one could really tell things were changing and then all of a sudden I looked different. My body fat is distributed very well all over so I just look as if I am shrinking. No one place is losing faster or slower than others. I take measurements too and very slow all over. Might be .25 - .50 inch over a month on some spots but it is slowly melting away.
  • justalittlecrazy
    justalittlecrazy Posts: 88 Member
    I'm only 30 lbs down with 130 to go, so maybe I'm not the best person to answer this. Until I've lost between 60-80 lbs, I don't think most people will be able to pinpoint why I am looking different. Now that number is higher for me because I weigh so much but its probably the same concept for everyone. My upper back was looking really, really awful before I lost weight but that is the main area I can tell I've lost weight right now.

I have a lot of people telling me how good I look but only 3 people be able to pinpoint it as "you are losing weight." Most folks just think I'm looking good for the day still. Its all good, either way.