How does coffee affect weight loss?

Options
2»

Replies

• TheSatinPumpkin
    TheSatinPumpkin Posts: 948 Member
    Options
    My daily staple is a single kcup (with HWC and Davinci SF) in the morning and one just before bed. Sometimes more on the weekends and i don't feel it has impeded my weight loss. I stopped adding HWC and Davinci in October and lost 4lbs more than the previous month but could also be other variables.
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Well I do know this much....coffee makes me full in the morning, therefore not really needing a breakfast....which could lead to less calories and possibly weight loss.
  • Kellyfitness128
    Kellyfitness128 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Black coffee is basically calorie-free and personally, it suppresses my appetite. If I'm hungry in between breakfast and lunch sometimes I'll grab a cup of coffee with a dash of soy milk and it holds me over till lunch. So, in such cases it can help with weight loss. I don't think too much caffeine is healthy though. Everything in moderation!
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    Coffee helps me poop. Pooping makes me weigh less. QED.
  • fleetzz
    fleetzz Posts: 962 Member
    Options
    Coffee helps me gain weight because I can't stand to drink it without adding a bunch of creamer and sugar to it. By itself--does nothing.
  • Amanda4change
    Amanda4change Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    Coffee doesn't do anything to my weight, what is does do is keep me from becoming a raging psychotic witch.
  • mattyc772014
    mattyc772014 Posts: 3,543 Member
    Options
    Ha I love espresso. Grab a shot before the gym. :)
  • ivy_h_c
    Options
    Coffee in itself isn't necessarily bad for weight loss, and it can boost your metabolism. However, if you load your coffee with milk and sugar (or even sweetener) it can work against weight loss. Someone might have already said that, but I didn't feel like reading all the replies. Hope it helps :)
    0067808 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I'm British - we drink tea.
  • sofaking6
    sofaking6 Posts: 4,589 Member
    Options
    Come over here and try to take my coffee and you'll lose all of your weight instantly.
  • Lasmartchika
    Lasmartchika Posts: 3,440 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »
    Come over here and try to take my coffee and you'll lose all of your weight instantly.

Hahaha!! So true... coffee is dam sacred!!
    Coffee is good: warms me up, fills me up, doesn't wake me up tho... I think I must be immune to caffeine. But it's OOOH SSSOOO DELICIOUS!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Coffee only wakes me up if I add an extra shot(s) of espresso in my Starbucks white mocha. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • shadow2soul
    shadow2soul Posts: 7,692 Member
    Options
    sofaking6 wrote: »

Hahaha!! So true... coffee is dam sacred!!
    Coffee is good: warms me up, fills me up, doesn't wake me up tho... I think I must be immune to caffeine. But it's OOOH SSSOOO DELICIOUS!!! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

Coffee only wakes me up if I add an extra shot(s) of espresso in my Starbucks white mocha. :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

One of these days, I'm gonna have to try the Starbucks White Mocha.

To OP:
    I have to be careful about my coffee consumption because I don't like plain black coffee. This in turn means that my coffee generally has a decent number of calories. Over all though, that means I will generally drink 1 or 2 glasses at home or if I'm out then I limit myself to 1 large from where ever.
  • TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    0067808 wrote: »

Over here, we throw tea into the harbor.
  • PrizePopple
    PrizePopple Posts: 3,133 Member
    Options
    0067808 wrote: »

Over here, we throw tea into the harbor.

Classy response.

Quite a number of us drink tea. My favorite is Vanilla Sleepytime.
  • NoelFigart1
    NoelFigart1 Posts: 1,276 Member
    Options
    In the magic world where the perfect nutritional balance gives you the perfect body, coffee is evil because it has caffeine which is all naughty and wonderful because antioxidants.

Look, as long as you're not doctoring up that cup to be a liquid dessert, it's fine. Drink your coffee if you like it. I do. Stuff of the gods, and keeps me from killing people.
  • ithrowconfetti
    ithrowconfetti Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I highly doubt coffee affects weight loss directly. My personal experience with drinking plain, black coffee is that it kills my appetite for a good few hours, and it gives me the runs a few hours later. What it DOESN'T help me do is stay alert. Or lose weight.