Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Starting over again..

Recently this January I had made a account on myfitnesspal. I loved it! I successfully lost almost 40 pounds and felt great. After a while, I start going back to my old ways. I have recently gained 13 pounds from my loss. It is coming on a lot faster than I thought. I really need to make this change again for me and I could use a lot of support! I am going to be on here a lot so if you need support you can add me!
Thanks!

Replies

• Welcome home! ;) Request sent!
  • Welcome back!
    Perhaps a challenge group would help you get back in track.
    Check this one out.
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/100476-whole-100-challenge

Cheers,
    CJ
  • Thank CJ!
  • TemeraldMarie
    TemeraldMarie Posts: 69 Member
    Getting back on track myself.could use the support base :)
  • LuLu102476
    LuLu102476 Posts: 2 Member
    I also started one earlier this year, and now I'm back,trying to once again lose weight and need encouragement :smile:
  • Same boat, will send request :)
  • Welcome ! Add me if you like. I'm on everyday and am 100 percent committed.
  • I could be your Sister. Lost and Gained. This is our life, we just need to keep trying. We'll keep each other motivated :)
  • Nastastia
    Nastastia Posts: 7 Member
    I am starting over again too. I ate healthy for 2 years then I got my wisdom teeth pulled and that was a year ago. I have gained over 20 back. =(
  • Hi Rose! I suppose it's the day of starting over! I'll friend you and we can totally win again! I too lost over 50 lbs and gained much of it back. So here we go again!
  • lissalr
    lissalr Posts: 3
    edited November 2014
    I'm starting over today also! Stumbled on the website and thought 'I think I'm a member????..' Lol AND YES I AM, joined a gym yesterday and today was my first LESMILLS BODY PUMP. I am pumped ready to shed this weight that makes me unhappy.

I am 168cm tall, and weigh 82 kilos last time I weighed my self.
    I don't own scales, (they stopped working) so am going off last known weight 3 weeks ago, hopefully haven't put more on.

Eating healthy and no chocolate is going to be hard! (Confessed chocoholic!)

I'm up for the lifestyle challenge, here's to day 1!

I will need support to!

All the best to everyone in their weight loss journey. ;-)

Goal weight - 65
  • FullLifeNeil
    FullLifeNeil Posts: 50 Member
    Welcome back! You can do it! Request sent
  • GalaxyBird
    GalaxyBird Posts: 24 Member
    I have been on and off the wagon. Getting back on again and also looking for more pals to motivate and support. Congrats on losing 40 lbs!
  • edr2b
    edr2b Posts: 65 Member
    edited November 2014
    Same here :)
  • annieboomboom
    annieboomboom Posts: 176 Member
    edited November 2014
    Ladies and gents. I believe the story of weight loss also includes weight gain.
    I am back on Atkins; someone told me I could set fitness pal to track carbs/fat/protein to use this approach. It really is the only one that 1. works weight loss for ME, 2. makes me feel good; my aches and pains, my lethargy disappear and 3. doesn't starve me. Keeping in mind that it needs to be done correctly; it is not a free for all with red meats, bacon, cheese. It is a free for all with veggies, lean meats and appropriate fat in combination. I am on 1500 calories /day.

This time however, it is different. I stopped drinking. Wine was my choice and have fooled myself into believing I can lose weight and drink wine at the same time.
    A "come to Jesus" meeting with my soul and gave it up when I started the diet a week ago. It was fine. I am fine. I have lost 3.5 lbs and don't bother to mention some is water, because, obviously, I know that. I also have become something of an expert in this field.

I DO exercise a lot; elliptical machine almost everyday and pilates 2X
    s a week. It is finally working. Finally.

Will I ever drink again? Sure, but for now, this is what I choose.

The only person who can do this who can know the whole truth about your efforts is us.
  • Rosewing23 wrote: »
    Thank CJ!

You're most welcome.

• emilyasdf
    emilyasdf Posts: 354 Member
    I've been off the MFP wagon for a little while and am trying to get back on. I've successfully maintained my weight, but I want to continue to lose and am looking for support.. especially from someone who understands what it's like to fall off. Will be sending a request.