Success with using MFP on your cell phone?

Options

Replies

• JuliesZenpuppy7400
    JuliesZenpuppy7400 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone 4 and use the MFP app EVERYDAY, several times a day!!!!!! 99% of the time I enter my food from my phone too. I find it easier to enter from my phone than my computer. Plus I like to keep very close eye on my cals, fat, carbs & protein. It helps me decide what to eat based on these numbers. Best of luck!!!!
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    Does MFP have a scanner in thier app? I have an iphone and I have the app but I do not see the scanner. I have a seperate scanning app but it seems like I have to add everything I eat because it is not in the database.

Yes there is. It is where you go to add food - in the top right hand corner there is a barcode button thing. Click that & scan away
  • sarahmonsta
    sarahmonsta Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    I use it on my Motorola droid and it works great!
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    I use an Android.. initially cause I couldn't really afford the iPhone not on a contract plan but it's absolutely amazing. I use the MFP everyday, several times a day and it's great cause I can be away from the computer and on the go and not have to worry about missing food or drinks that I consumed.
  • mlg1712
    mlg1712 Posts: 14
    Options
    I love using MFP on my phone! It's just a cheapie - Samsung Galaxy Ace, but it does every thing I need.

I update my food and exercise via the MFP app when on of the kids has taken over the computer. I only discovered the barcode scanner yesterday - is it strange that I was scanning all the food in my cupboard, just for fun?! :happy:
  • donald149
    donald149 Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    As one of the 3 remaining people in the world still using a blackberry... It's horrible on this thing.
  • tequila09
    tequila09 Posts: 764 Member
    Options
    iphone or android for sure. the last time i used a windows phone it didnt show me my news feed, meaning i couldn't comment or see what my friends were doing.
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    The app works great on my Android, but as others have said, it would be soooo much better if I could access the message boards on the app. I do, however, log on to the actual website on my phone to do this, but then that makes it pointless to bother with the app, now doesn't it?
  • Lyadeia
    Lyadeia Posts: 4,603 Member
    Options
    As one of the 3 remaining people in the world still using a blackberry... It's horrible on this thing.

I'm sorry, but this just made me :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • lj8576
    lj8576 Posts: 156
    Options
    Thnak you Nicolee I did not even notice that. I appreciate it.
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    Galaxy Note or S4. Ginormous screen let's you access the forums easily and the app is fine too
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    I use my iPhone for everything but forum posting.
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    You all are so helpful (as always)! Thanks!!
  • BonnieFife
    BonnieFife Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    I use it on my iphone & have had no issues, i love the barcode scanner its quick & easy to use as is creating a new food that the scanner cant pick up, i only use my pc to look at msg boards & keep up with my MFP friends :smile:
  • Broejen
    Broejen Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I have an iPhone. The MFP app is the greatest!
  • gracielynn1011
    gracielynn1011 Posts: 726 Member
    Options
    I love my Android phone. The MFP app is easy to use. When I need to use the forums, I just use my web browser on the phone. No delays, easy updates.
  • par57
    par57 Posts: 74
    Options
    Can you also add your exercise on your cell phone?
  • katebowen37
    katebowen37 Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    My Android works great. I've never had a problem with logging.
  • lraien
    lraien Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    I went with the S3. Now that the S4 is out, it was only like $40 at Costco with my upgrade. I chose it more because it syncs with my fitbit though. It works fine with MFP but it's my first smart phone so I have nothing to compare it to. My motivation was the fitbit syncing.
  • meredith1123
    meredith1123 Posts: 843 Member
    Options
    Pick a phone that you like. I like android because apple is very controlling, out dated with their technology and a lot more free apps on android since it's open source. But for MFP, it doesn't matter. But I just got my Samsung S4 and this phone is epic.

^^that damn S4 phone is almost as big as a mini notebook. ridic!

ANYWAY - pick a phone that is right for you. the MFP app works great on droid, Iphone... whatever.