Dress sizes

Options
Just curious to know how much weight people are losing before dropping a dress size?
I've lost 18 pounds and have stayed the same dress size which can be a little de-motivating but would love to know if others felt the same!

Replies

• lemonsurprise
    lemonsurprise Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I've lost 40lbs and have gone from size 22 dress to a 16!! I think that seems like a huge drop for a fairly small loss (in comparison to my size), but as everyone is different heights and builds it would be impossible to say a general rule.
  • xsmilexforxmex
    xsmilexforxmex Posts: 1,216 Member
    Options
    Everyone is different and really depends where the weight is going. From 160-151 I have dropped a size in my upper half but not my hips.
  • jemhh
    jemhh Posts: 14,261 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I think it took me 20 pounds to go down a size. As I've gotten smaller, the pounds between sizes have decreased. I started at 202.5 pounds, wearing XL/0X and 16w/18. Now I wear mostly M and size 10 but just bought a coat that is size S and a pair of size 8 pants. I'm 150.5 pounds now.

Don't get discouraged! You can do it :smile:
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    15 pounds to drop a size. Keep up the great work, it will come!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    37lbs - gone from a big UK 16 (US 12) to a 12-14 (US 8-10)

so a couple of sizes I reckon
  • earlnabby
    earlnabby Posts: 8,171 Member
    Options
    I lose weight fairly evenly all over so it typically takes 20 lb or more for me to lose a dress size. I have lost 70 so far and have gone from a tight 26 swimsuit to a loose 22.
  • 47Jacqueline
    47Jacqueline Posts: 6,993 Member
    Options
    I think 20 pounds is pretty accurate for a size. Also, building muscle will help because a pound of muscle takes up less space than a pound of fat. I lost two sizes after maintenance, so my change was 3 sizes down for 28 lb.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    It's all dependent on height/build/starting weight as well. I've been dropping about every twenty pounds, but it may change now that I'm quite a bit lower. It's been ten pounds since I started wearing 18s and they're already feeling quite different.
  • auddii
    auddii Posts: 15,357 Member
    Options
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    15 pounds to drop a size. Keep up the great work, it will come!

I found this isn't always true, especially when you start out larger. When I was 245, I lost about 30lbs before I could drop a size. Now that I'm about 180, I've been dropping sizes about every 10lbs. It definitely goes faster once you start getting smaller, but I imagine there is no exact pace because everyone will lose weight from different places and have different body shapes.

Keep at it, and you will drop sizes. It's also annoying to drop sizes quickly because it starts getting expensive. I now pretty much exclusively shop at goodwill/charity shops.
  • Slinky92
    Slinky92 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    9 lbs and still trying to get into the next size lower. Almost there though! :p
  • mabelbabel1
    mabelbabel1 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    It's about 21lbs for me with each size overlapping a little at each end.
  • _lyndseybrooke_
    _lyndseybrooke_ Posts: 2,561 Member
    Options
    I lost 30 lbs and went down a size in some clothes. I still wear the same size in certain things, though. They just fit better than they used to in some cases. I used to squeeze myself into a pair of American Eagle size 4 jeans that would fit like a second skin. Now the 4s fit a little looser than I'd like but the 2s are too tight. I don't plan to lose anymore weight, so that kind of sucks that I'm not happy with how either size fits.
  • YalithKBK
    YalithKBK Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    It depends on your body type. I have unbelievably wide hips. Because of this, I can loose up to 30 pounds and go down maybe one dress size. I tend to lose a lot around my tummy, so my shirt sizes drop by one or two, but my pants sizes don't really change (a size 12 just goes from being tight to comfortably loose). So, I can lose a good chunk of weight, but because my hip bones are so wide, I don't actually drop that much in size. Keep your body structure in mind!
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    For me it's about every 10 lbs.
  • 4bettermenow
    4bettermenow Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Depends on body type is so true. I was a size 14/16 dress at 203. Now I'm 185 and still a 14/16 dress because of my chest. In high school I was 140 and still a 14/16 dress because of my chest. :neutral_face: So, now I tend to stay away from dresses till I can get rid of the boobs. Lol but pants sizes, I've lost one size in 15 lbs.
  • leggup
    leggup Posts: 2,942 Member
    Options
    I've lost 51 lbs and I went from a US 16 to a US 10. I'm 5'11.
  • TropicalParaMonster
    Options
    For me it's more about the measurements (Those inches!!). That's how gauging progress is better. But if i were to look at it from a scale perspective - I'd say I go down a dress size every 13/15lbs
  • amandamaynv
    amandamaynv Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Since I'm on the shorter side (5'1) I have lost 2 sizes with 23 pounds going from US 10 to US 6.
  • epido
    epido Posts: 353 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I'm not sure how many pounds it was between sizes for me. That being said, I have lost 82 pounds, and went from a size 26W to a loose fitting 16. (It won't be long before I can get into a 14!!)

52347977.png
  • Forest91
    Forest91 Posts: 1,203 Member
    Options
    I have not lost a great deal of weight but I have gone from a size 18 to a size 14 in pants

56034888.png