weight help

Options
I have been consistently 134 for 6 months and the the scale went to 136 or 137. Ok, I figured that was a minor set back. In the last week I have gone up 10/12 pounds. I feel disgusted and gross. Please help me. I am concerned and confused.

Replies

• MinnieInMaine
    MinnieInMaine Posts: 6,400 Member
    Options
    Unless you ate a ton of food in the last week, it's not actual fat gain. Perhaps it's due to high sodium intake, a new workout routine or monthly hormone fluctuations?
  • eldamiano
    eldamiano Posts: 2,667 Member
    Options
    You have been eating too much....
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,151 Member
    Options
    Can you open your diary?
  • stroutman81
    stroutman81 Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yeah, how about some more details. Weight history? Are you following any particular diets? Any health issues or medications? Are you tracking calories and if so, what's your target per day? How diligent are you with ensuring the accuracy of your tracking? What has changed with your eating/life as of late that could account for such a quick gain? Is your weight typically volatile?
  • thatswhatshesaiddd
    Options
    As you lose weight, you will have to decrease your calories to less and less. Try reducing your calories cals a bit and exercising.

Also, certain foods and times of the month will make your body bloat or hold on to excess water weight.
  • gothchiq
    gothchiq Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    In one week? How's your sodium intake; are you regular lately, stuff like that.... I don't see how it would be possible to gain 10 lb of fat in that short a time frame. Something else has to be going on. Furthermore, are you weighing in the morning, nude, after going to the bathroom, to ensure you are not weighing your clothes, food, etc? There are a lot of details that would help uncover the reason.
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    In no way, even if you ate a ton, it can be fat! If you gained that much in such a short period of time it must be water weight! Check you got water retention!
  • iwo_jima
    Options
    More details: I track everything I eat and my sodium tends to be in normal range. I lost 30 pounds about 3 years ago. I have PCOS, and I am irregular with periods. I tend to eat 12-1800 calories per day depending on day and inactivity. This week I cut to 1000-1200. I walk about 3 miles per day and dance. I did go to a buffet last week and ate more than usual, but not enough to gain and that was Saturday, so that salt should be gone. So frustrated! I have been on weight watchers maintenance for about 10 years. I do the core program, like South Beach.
  • iwo_jima
    Options
    Oh, I am female.
  • iwo_jima
    Options
    "]You have been eating too much" I have been eating the same, but there must have been some kind of shift. However, I don't eat 5,500 calories per day, which is needed for that gain. I eat 1200-1800. this week I have been increasing my water intake and reduced calories, but no response.
  • MadamMina
    MadamMina Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    You haven't been eating too much if that what you say is true. Having to deal with issues around your period and PCOS is the answer to your problem. I have heard more often losing weight with PCOS is extremely difficult. And the bigger you get the worse the complaints gets. I think maybe it is time you see a doctor and discuss your problem with him. Else try to find topics about PCOS, maybe there are some tips and tricks mentioned.

http://www.hormone.org/diseases-and-conditions/womens-health/polycystic-ovary-syndrome

and maybe this site with tips and tricks for a PCOS diet might help:

http://www.pcosdietsupport.com/the-best-pcos-diet/