Salad shortcuts?

Options
Hi everyone. I just had what is probably a dumb question. I jokingly refer to myself as a fat rabbit because I totally love salads, but I'm lazy.

When I say I love salads I mean I also love toppings, and not necessarily bad ones, but ones that take too much time in the morning to assemble. Here's my question... If I was to make baggies on Sunday evening of combined toppings like shredded carrots, chickpeas, onions, olives, cherry tomatoes -- so that all I had to do was grab greens and a bag 'o toppings -- do you think they'd be good for a week? My concern is if the wet stuff would get gross.

Please feel free to toss out any ideas, too!

Thanks, Will

Replies

• berrymuffins89
    berrymuffins89 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Look up mason jar salads.
  • InspiredSAM
    InspiredSAM Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I think you would be better off putting the "wetter" ingredients in one baggie and the "drier" ones in another.

I make my lunch salads on Sunday night for the week and mine seem fine. I cut up heads of romaine (no bagged lettuce for me) and baby spinach and add chopped celery, red pepper, green onion and maybe some Feta cheese. Mine seem just fine.

Fat Rabbit...LOVE that!
  • Pattik123
    Pattik123 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    i have a fridge at work... so every sunday i buy the big box of springs mixed greens (it has more fiber per serving than the others), and I cut up peppers, onions, and carrots & i put them in seperate bags, and leave at work all week ... it works great! i will admit that the peppers start to get a little less crisp towards the end week...Good luck!