Am I getting it the wrong way round?

Options
bubaluboo
bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
Hello, I'm new to MFP and loving the control that I now have over my body. I'm just into the healthy bmi range but want to get down to a bmi of around 22. Having just read the newbie advice threads, I realise that I may have my approach the wrong way round. I tend to eat fairly low calories (400-600) before 5pm and then the rest go on dinner (where I like to eat a hearty meal ~600 cals) and a mid evening snack (yoghurt/fruit or a small peice of cake if I have enough calories). Since I'm pretty sedentary in the evening should I be eating more food when I'm more active in the day and less in the evening for long term success? My problem with this approach is that I think that if I get to dinner time with say 400 calories left to burn, I'll end up going to bed hungry and I don't like that idea!

Replies

• 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    Most people say that it doesn't matter when you have your calories. The only reason to not eat late is if it interferes with your sleep or if you have acid reflux.

I eat 2000 calories a day and most often 1000 of them are after 7 PM, pretty much for the same reason you stated.
  • bubaluboo
    bubaluboo Posts: 2,098 Member
    Options
    Thank you 257_Lag... I'm probably getting a little too pernickety about it all but since I have been Yoyoing around my current weight for the last 3 years, I am eager to get it right and move on now! Glad to see that late calories are working for you. Well done on your weightloss so far!