Options
2»

Replies

• BonworthVonFattyPants
    BonworthVonFattyPants Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »
    that could be right/ I have a different infused vodka that is 55 calories/1.5 oz. Are you sure there is nothing on the bottle?

Unfortunately, there is nowt on the bottle, which I find very odd.

I've never seen a bottle of wine or spirit with nutritional information listed. Pretty much only beer and cider - and even then it is often only on the retail package and not the can or bottle.

Just out of curiosity - do you plan to make mixed drinks or drink it straight?

Edit: and I read your post as "Unfortunately there is a newt in the bottle" and I laughed.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    that could be right/ I have a different infused vodka that is 55 calories/1.5 oz. Are you sure there is nothing on the bottle?

I've never seen a bottle of wine or spirit with nutritional information listed. Pretty much only beer and cider - and even then it is often only on the retail package and not the can or bottle.

Edit: and I read your post as "Unfortunately there is a newt in the bottle" and I laughed.

these infused vodkas you can drink straight. They are flavored and not as strong as straight vodka
  • gabrielleelliott90
    gabrielleelliott90 Posts: 854 Member
    Options

Hahaha :) Nowt is slang for nothing here in the UK. If there was a newt in the bottle though, I'd be running. Hate amphibians. I just drink it as it comes in the bottle.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    This thread reminds me that it is the time of year for cranberry 7-up and I ought to get some, it's great in vodka.
  • BonworthVonFattyPants
    Options

these infused vodkas you can drink straight. They are flavored and not as strong as straight vodka

You can drink non-infused vodka straight as well (source: every Russian I've ever met).

I was curious because I'm always interested in new drink ideas and I haven't had this particular infusion yet.

• Mudler
    Mudler Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    Love a couple of vodkas a week. They come p as 110 calories for a double on the MFP one I always put in, Generic Vodka.

I asked pretty much the same question when I joined this MFP.
    Funny how making a decision to go on a diet, you check out all your priorities first!
    It does add up after a few pints, LOL, just joking :)
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options

You can drink non-infused vodka straight as well (source: every Russian I've ever met).

I was curious because I'm always interested in new drink ideas and I haven't had this particular infusion yet.

oops! I am sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt.
  • BonworthVonFattyPants
    BonworthVonFattyPants Posts: 49 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    oops! I am sorry. I didn't mean to interrupt.

No no ... it's all good. I was just clarifying why I was asking. :)

• gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    I'm swimming and I've drunk about 150ml. I'm drunk. Vodka is the only thing I've come across that does this effect to me. Glad I did not drink 350ml, I would literally be on the floor.
  • gabrielleelliott90
    Options
    By ''swimming'' I don't mean literally. It's raining here lmao.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,954 Member
    Options
    Mudler wrote: »
    Love a couple of vodkas a week. They come p as 110 calories for a double on the MFP one I always put in, Generic Vodka.

I asked pretty much the same question when I joined this MFP.
    Funny how making a decision to go on a diet, you check out all your priorities first!
    It does add up after a few pints, LOL, just joking :)

That's right. Priorities. ;)

Friday and Saturday nights I drink quite a bit of vodka mixed with water and a tad of that Mio water flavoring or some similar generic. It's my regular ritual. Gets the job done.
  • jennyredfern
    jennyredfern Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    About 90 to 100 calories in a shot of flavored vodka. 60 in a shot of non flavored.
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    You are drinking half a bottle of vodka? You should probably look into that issue first before worrying about the calorie content.

I agree. Why the hell are you stopping when you still have half a bottle to go?

• ksy1969
    ksy1969 Posts: 700 Member
    Options
    gothchiq wrote: »
    I like Kraken rum. XD delicious.

OH yummy!! Can drink that straight outta the bottle :-)
  • RibStabsHeart
    RibStabsHeart Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    You should try infusing your own with vodka, diet sprite/7-Up, and some of those 0 calorie drink flavor thingies (MIO comes to mind). If it's really 15% alcohol, you could mix up your own with a couple shots and have a larger bottle that lasts you all night for less calories.

Maybe there's a reason why I stopped drinking...
  • LoneWolfRunner
    LoneWolfRunner Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    Kracken is the best... it is sacrilege to mix it with anything....