Hungry but can't eat yet...

Options
choosing_fitness
choosing_fitness Posts: 102
edited November 2014 in Health and Weight Loss
Hi- I feel like this is very random, but if need some advice...
- I am currently at work and I do not have access to food for the next hour. I am so hungry and left my snack at home, what should I do to stave off the hunger?

Replies

• Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    Hunger comes in waves. People will say that if you do this or that, it will go away in 20-30 minutes, but it will go away in 20-30 minutes if you do nothing.

Just wait it out.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Okay, thank you!
  • cosmichvoyager
    cosmichvoyager Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    drink a glass of water? not sure that's really gonna help but it can't hurt
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    - I am currently at work and I do not have access to food for the next hour. I am so hungry and left my snack at home, what should I do to stave off the hunger?

If you have no access to food I am not sure what you want people to suggest??
  • arizonahiker
    arizonahiker Posts: 40 Member
    Options

If you have no access to food I am not sure what you want people to suggest??

I think she was hoping for support
  • esjones12
    esjones12 Posts: 1,363 Member
    Options
    I HATE when that happens. I usually try to scrounge something up in the office. See if someone has a few veggies or grab a serving of pretzels that we have out for anyone to eat. Not a fan of pretzels (taste or nutrition) but I'd rather eat a little something if possible than go home "starving" and eat too much. Try drinking some water too. Or I always keep some sugar free gum at my desk for when I get the bored munchies.....
  • mrscronkhite
    Options
    Definitely drink water if you are able to, but another suggestion might be to keep as busy as possible. I'm not sure what kind of job you have, but I find if I'm on the slower side my thoughts often wander to food. Even busy work so that you're doing something to keep your mind off eating and from watching the clock! :)
  • KylaDenay
    KylaDenay Posts: 1,585 Member
    Options
    Usually if I have to wait to get food, then I will drink a lot of water, coffee or tea. That usually holds me off for a bit. I know sometimes we forget our lunch at home and it happens.
  • farfromthetree
    farfromthetree Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Do 10 Burpees!!
  • gizmo_2014
    Options
    Drink water and stay busy to keep your mind off of it.
  • choosing_fitness
    Options
    Thanks for the support, my hunger passed and then returned about 40 minutes later when time for lunch!!!