Too bad all those free, pretty-looking donuts in the rec room are made of 100% poison.

Options
13»

Replies

• superfox12082
    superfox12082 Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    How does it feel being the lone survivor in a sea of donut-eating idiots?

It's amazing how crazy people get over donuts! I quit eating the donuts at work years ago because they did wacky things to my bodily functions (I don't eat anything from this bakery). People thought I was the crazy one. Now my work doesn't pay for donuts anymore and people were pi$$ed! Sad.
  • lorib642
    lorib642 Posts: 1,942 Member
    Options
    sylkates wrote: »
    I successfully avoided them for the entire time! Yay!

And of course it's a nice gesture to share. It's just a pity I literally can't partake at my height, weight, activity level, and goal weight. Maybe next year's holiday season, after I have more muscular mass, I could take one every now and then.

Some people in my company joke that its initials actually stand for a phrase along the lines of "gain 10 pounds" for this exact reason. The pastries are constant.

Good for you since you were trying to resist. I don't have too much wiggle room with my calories and sometimes I have to turn treats down. I am in a small office and there are rarely sweet treats, sometimes salads. I am appreciative because it is always one woman who goes out of her way to bring treats, but I have to balance if I have enough calories or not.
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    I was in a study lounge at one of my school's buildings and there was a box of unattended donuts. I ate all of them then left. No shame. :|
  • fhorn813
    fhorn813 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    My workplace just gave out free cupcakes for Veteran's Day. I. Couldn't. Stop. :s

So yes, extra 30 minutes on the elliptical tonight.
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    fhorn813 wrote: »
    My workplace just gave out free cupcakes for Veteran's Day. I. Couldn't. Stop. :s

So yes, extra 30 minutes on the elliptical tonight.

so your boss is trying to poison you?
  • KameHameHaaaa
    KameHameHaaaa Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    I miss my old job and coworkers :( I got three different bday cakes on my last bday there. Noms for daysssss
  • lorib642
    Options
    I miss my old job and coworkers :( I got three different bday cakes on my last bday there. Noms for daysssss

I had a boss who would make your favorite cake for your birthday.
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    lorib642 wrote: »

I had a boss who would make your favorite cake for your birthday.

Our VP doesn't want to have birthday parties anymore, so I started bringing in cupcakes. You have to celebrate the birthdays, dammit!
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,139 Member
    Options
    we always get a cake when it is someone's birthday..I guess we are poisoning and sabotaging our employees...
  • sylkates
    sylkates Posts: 173 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    ndj1979 wrote: »
    we always get a cake when it is someone's birthday..I guess we are poisoning and sabotaging our employees...

I just now read that sabotage thread. Wow. Yeah, I'm a different poster.

Um...I would never ever call this trend sabotage, because sabotage means there is intention to do others harm. I'm not an idiot, I know these are put out as a nice gesture, and emotionally, I do appreciate it.

In case you couldn't tell, I was kidding about there being poison in them.
  • carliekitty
    carliekitty Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    My hubbys making a apple pie w crumb topping and caramel sauce!!! He increased the insurance pay out on me!!!!!!!!
  • lorib642
    Options

Um...I would never ever call this trend sabotage, because sabotage means there is intention to do others harm. I'm not an idiot, I know these are put out as a nice gesture, and emotionally, I do appreciate it.

In case you couldn't tell, I was kidding about there being poison in the donuts. Do you know what ricin is, which I said the flour was made of? Yeah, wasn't being serious.

I know you were joking, but in your mind do you demonize certain foods to avoid temptation? I guess whatever you did works for you. I just don't like to think of foods as "bad"
  • lorib642
    Options
    My hubbys making a apple pie w crumb topping and caramel sauce!!! He increased the insurance pay out on me!!!!!!!!

That sounds soooo good :)
  • uconnwinsnc1
    uconnwinsnc1 Posts: 902 Member
    Options

In case you couldn't tell, I was kidding about there being poison in them.

I got your joke. A few people skim read and don't catch onto details. lol
  • helenarriaza
    helenarriaza Posts: 519 Member
    Options
    I sell pastries, hot cocoa and cupcakes at work.

I make money out of poisoning and sabotaging them. >:)
  • ltssharon
    ltssharon Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    pure torture!!!!!! sadists Think green drink think green drink think green drink think green drink By the way, happy veteran's day
  • BombshellPhoenix
    BombshellPhoenix Posts: 1,693 Member
    Options
    In honor of this thread I found pumpkin pie donuts and dunked them in my coffee the other day...true story.... I also lived to tell the horrific tale of how delicious and non-deadly they were.
  • sentaruu
    sentaruu Posts: 2,206 Member
    Options
    they were pumpkin, doesn't count.