Daily intake help for a newbie ;-)

Options
Good Afternoon All ;-)

My name is Paul, I'm 43 yrs old, weight 16st 8lb & looking at loosing 33/35 lb at a rate of 2/3 lb per week.

MFP says I need to take in the following - 1780 Calories

59 Fat
222 Carbs
89 Protein
67 Sugar

Well after two days, finding it really hard to even come close to my target calories that's with out even doing any exercise, which can amount too ( 250-300 cal ).
Eating all the healthy stuff etc etc, but feeling rather full & still have a meal to go today.

Looking for some help & advise as to what sort of stuff to eat during the day, whilst at work at regular intervals, would look to look at peoples dairy to see if I can get any tips or pointers.

Thxs all

Replies

• SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    If you are looking to add calories the easiest way to do that is to add more fats to your diet. Put cheese, olive oil or butter on your veggies. Make sure you're not using anything "low/non-fat". Add cheese, sliced eggs, nuts, bacon or avocado to your salads.
  • RodaRose
    RodaRose Posts: 9,562 Member
    Options
    Change your settings to lose one half pound a week for now so that you have more daily calories. You can also adjust the macros (fat, carbs, protein, sugar) based on your own needs/ interests.
    Alternatively, you could just track for the next two weeks and eat what you have been eating so you get a better feel for calories.
    When people first start they tracking in the diary they are surprised at how many calories are in some favorite foods.
  • Sn0wy71
    Sn0wy71 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    SueInAz wrote: »
    If you are looking to add calories the easiest way to do that is to add more fats to your diet. Put cheese, olive oil or butter on your veggies. Make sure you're not using anything "low/non-fat". Add cheese, sliced eggs, nuts, bacon or avocado to your salads.

What i'm finding is that I use up my fat & protein goals and still can have 100/150 calories, so if I add cheese for instances I go way over on fats , or am I missing something?