Trying to refind motivation

Options
So I've realized that half the problem I'm dealing with is depression due to a crappy desk job and motivation suck. My energy drags. My coworkers leave sweets in the break room. I lost 40 pounds before I entered grad school, gained back 30 during grad school. Finished grad school in June and I just can't get motivated to go out and do it anymore. I keep starting and stopping.

I need help, but I don't know what to do.

Replies

• yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    you need to start hard, that's what. Like a superhero - cant be stopped! SuperMom! RAWR!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Kattarra
    Kattarra Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    "There is no motivation. There is only discipline and dedication."

Saw this on the favorite motivational quote thread earlier today.
  • annpatalexa
    annpatalexa Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Thanks.

Today is an improvement: Gym stuff is in my car. I brought lunch- Needs improvements but a fruit cup, yogurt, Goat Cheese & Crackers is a start. My fridge is a bit bear. And I'm starting working on a shopping list.

Gotta work on being super godmom. Thats a good way to put it. I've been good at Fairy GodMom to him, but I need to look into my Inner Wonder Woman.
  • kmessinger14
    kmessinger14 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I just went from college to first desk job (plus my previous job was a waitress running around all the time) and it is definitely hard to find motivation. Mine seriously just came for the first time this week (and hopefully it stays!).... I just bring gym clothes with me to work and go straight to the gym after.... i don't think about the fact that i'm going to "work out" until i get to the gym.... then I'm already there and I might as well stay!

I also read on some other posts this week about making "mini" goals to keep on track during the cold winter. So although ultimately I want to lose a few pounds for next spring/summer, right now I'm focusing on being able to wear a really hot NYE outfit! after that I might focus on looking good for my upcoming vacations/weekend trips, and I will be halfway to my summertime goal when I would normally just START thinking about it in late winter!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    what about a sandwich? or some soup?
This discussion has been closed.