Jillian Michaels workouts

I have a few of Jillian Michaels' DVDs and am planning to start them again soon. Haven't decided which one yet though. My question is...are you meant to do them every day? I know usually it's recommended to workout on alternate days, so does that apply for the likes of the 30 day shred? I know lots of people who do it every day but wasn't sure if there's a right or wrong way?

Replies

• Mistraal1981
    Mistraal1981 Posts: 453 Member
    Its up to you how you feel. I think i remember JM said 30ds was meant to be 2 days on 1 day off. So level 1 would take 13 days to do etc. However, I was comfortable enough to do 10 days on 1 day off. I didn't skip ahead, but I know others do. I also have a friend who did 6 days on 1 day off, so she took 11 days to complete level 1.

I think its pretty flexible as long as you are consistent with how you choose to do it.
  • brimingus
    brimingus Posts: 66 Member
    When I did 30 Day Shred, I did 3 days on 1 off. It really depends on how you feel. Take your rest days when you need them. It doesn't really matter how fast/slow you complete it and Jillian herself has said 30 Days was no meant to be EVERY day.

I'm on Ripped in 30 right now and I do 6 days on and 1 day off. For some reason, I just can't ever get myself to work out on Saturday.
  • mrsGrigsby2b
    mrsGrigsby2b Posts: 3 Member
    Jillian says to workout 5-6 days a week. She stresses that everyone needs to take a rest day somewhere.

However you want to start should be fine.