So many calories

2»

Replies

• allyphoe
    allyphoe Posts: 618 Member
    Cookie butter =/= nut butter. Cookie butter = cookies.
  • LAWoman72
    LAWoman72 Posts: 2,846 Member
    I love meats and they seem to take up a good chunk of calories. 1800 would be no problem for me eating healthfully, though I am at 1400 right now.
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Feel free to take a look at my diary today, I ate about that much and I would consider most of it "healthy." I did have a couple of treats in there.

I honestly can't eat that much (with workouts my calorie goal is sometimes 2000-2200 cals) without throwing in some "junk." There's no need to eat 100% "healthy" or clean. If eating some sweets or chips helps you reach your calorie goal, I promise it's not the end of the world.
  • ana3067
    ana3067 Posts: 5,623 Member
    allyphoe wrote: »

So? Still is food to eat for calories. And it's in butter form.
  • Ldbg289
    Ldbg289 Posts: 236 Member
    Some days even at my calorie level I feel it's virtually impossible to hit my goal(1250). Other days it's sooo easy. All depends on what I'm eating that particular day.
  • shai74
    shai74 Posts: 512 Member
    ana3067 wrote: »
    allyphoe wrote: »

So? Still is food to eat for calories. And it's in butter form.

It was included in the list of nut butters. It reads like it's a nut.
  • 20yearsyounger
    20yearsyounger Posts: 1,643 Member
    i dont eat mine, i drink mine. now I can have all the OJ I want instead of always drinking water
  • happyfeetrebel1
    happyfeetrebel1 Posts: 1,005 Member
    shai74 wrote: »
    Liftng4Lis wrote: »
    The extra calories come from crossfit workouts and cardio. And healthy is lean meats, veggies and healthy fats. Oh, and one can only eat so much chicken and protein bars!

Add nut butters (Trader Joes has peanut, almond, cookie). Also, avocados.

What kind of nut is a cookie? We don't have those in Australia, must be a GM American thing?

CookieButter.jpg

Quite possibly better than sex. I'm not kidding. It's also sold at Target stores as Biscoff Spread, by the Peanut butter.

It's like Nutella, all you need is a spoon!
  • ana3067
    The extra calories come from crossfit workouts and cardio. And healthy is lean meats, veggies and healthy fats. Oh, and one can only eat so much chicken and protein bars!

What kind of nut is a cookie? We don't have those in Australia, must be a GM American thing?

CookieButter.jpg

Quite possibly better than sex. I'm not kidding. It's also sold at Target stores as Biscoff Spread, by the Peanut butter.

Have you seen the new Reese's spread yet!?? I want it. I don't think i can eat cookie butter since I eat GF :( But suuper want to try the Reese's spread when it hits shelves
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member

CookieButter.jpg

Have you seen the new Reese's spread yet!?? I want it. I don't think i can eat cookie butter since I eat GF :( But suuper want to try the Reese's spread when it hits shelves

Will have to lookout for that.
  • ana3067
    dunnodunno wrote: »

CookieButter.jpg

Will have to lookout for that.

It's apparently not sold in Canada (yet) though :( Damn americans!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,865 Member
    I'm sure this isn't a complaint to many of you but the amount of calories I 'should' eat is crazy to me. How can you eat 1800 calories in a day by healthy eating alone?

My guess is you have a pretty myopic view of "healthy". More calories doesn't necessitate more volume. There's more to nutrition than stuffing your face with as much veg as possible...that's good to eat plenty of veg and some fruit, but you need other things as well for balanced nutrition.

Basically eat more dietary fat...I prefer sources from things like avocado, almonds and other nuts, olives, olive oil, avocado oil, coconut oil, good old fashioned butter, etc. Most of my meats are lean, but occasionally I'll have a fattier cut. I would also add that you can have full fat dressings and eat some dairy.

It's really pretty easy....it's just that most people have a very myopic view of nutrition, especially when just starting out.

I eat around 2300 - 2500 to lose weight and around 2800 - 3000 to maintain my weight...most of those calories come from nutritionally rich sources. I allow myself more latitude for junk when I'm in maintenance and cut back on it when I'm losing weight.