Best exercise program to lose weight/tone quickly?

Options
I need to get my *kitten* in gear.. I'm getting married in 5 months and I need to lose 30-40 pounds by mid-April. Please help!

Replies

• SonyaCele
    SonyaCele Posts: 2,841 Member
    Options
    best exercise program is in the kitchen, and cleaning up your diet.
  • DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Options
    Eat at a calorie deficit and workout. I worked out up to 3x/day, usually short 20-30 min. cardio and strength workouts, and lost 20lbs between Feb. and May. I continued to lose throughout that summer and ended up losing 40lb total. That was a year ago, and have since gained a few back on purpose.
  • Patttience
    Patttience Posts: 975 Member
    Options
    Excellent answer from Sonya. Weightloss is 80% diet and 20% exercise. Its the only sustainable way.

Cut down your calories but not by too much. You've plenty of time to lose that weight. You don't need to panic.

Eat more protein, fewer carbs (because it will help control your appetite), more vegetables, more fruit. Don't go low fat because apart from needing fat, fat makes your food more palatable and enables you to eat a wider variety of foods. If you cut out anything make it sweets and deep fried foods and processed foods.

Increase you fibre.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,522 Member
    Options
    The best program is one you'll be CONSISTENT with. If you can't be consistent, then the programs' not for you to do.
    Moderate calorie deficit, get plenty of rest, and optional exercise to help with muscle retention and higher calorie intake.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png