Runkeeper troubleshooting

Options
Hi,
Okay first off does it only work if you run outside? I just did my first session today on a treadmill in the gym and there's an hilarious squiggly picture of my run! Also the info was inaccurate as it did I burned 89 cals when I actually burnt 370 on my HRM, it also seemed to get the distance wrong and the time to run a km? Any ideas. Maybe I just need to play with it more :-)

Replies

• shaynepoole
    shaynepoole Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    it uses GPS tracking to measure distance, so if you don't go anywhere it doesn't know what to do - i found out the same thing on mine - I don't know if there is a way to have it track treadmills etc
  • Edie30
    Edie30 Posts: 216
    Options
    Aha I've just found out... When you open it up on the main runkeeper page with the gps map... On the right hand side there is a button that says log.. Press it and add run, you can then plug in your time etc and it enters it manually. You can't seem to change the clories though. It did give me less than my HRM by about 80 cals. Can't seem to change that but oh well. I think there is a HRM that you can buy from runkeeper that links up...