High carb but LOW sugar protein bars?

Options
Gaining but find it hard to reach my MyFitnessPal sugar goals. I can only have 80-90 grams or something, so it's hard to not go over that threshold. Anyone know protein bars that taste ok with 10g sugar or less and moderate or less fat?

Replies

• Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    Unless you have a medical reason to, there is no real reason to track sugar - its really just a sub-set of carbs. However, if you do still want to, the threshold is really for added sugar (not that occurring naturally in fruit, milk etc).

In response to the specific question, I love quest bars. They are about 20g protein, 21g carbs (or which 1g is sugar) and 8g fats.
  • monikker
    monikker Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Nice, I keep hearing about Quest. Thanks for the info, where do you buy them?
  • Sarauk2sf
    Sarauk2sf Posts: 28,072 Member
    Options
    monikker wrote: »
    Nice, I keep hearing about Quest. Thanks for the info, where do you buy them?

GNC (which I hate, but its convenient) or online at either amazon.com or bb.com usually.

• monikker
    Options
    Only thing is I already eat a lot of fiber and really don't need all the fiber in these bars. Want to try them except for that
  • AJ_G
    AJ_G Posts: 4,158 Member
    Options
    Don't be concerned with sugar unless you're diabetic or have a medical reason to be. Eat whatever you want.
  • Mister_Al
    Options
    There are a lot of low sugar choices, but I prefer to make them myself. There's a book, Power Hungry, which has a lot of recipes, for reference one of my favourites clocks in around 1g sugar (when you follow the recipe). She has quite a few recipes on her website too.
  • monikker
    Options
    Do you have a link to the protein bar recipe?
  • charlieibeling
    charlieibeling Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    detour bars are good. Just be careful. A lot of the low sugar high carb sources are just filled with maltodextrin which isnt any better
  • monikker
    Options
    Ok I actually found a really good bar that I'm sticking with for now. Supreme Protein: Caramel Nut Chocolate. I haven't tried any other flavors yet but I've gotten 2 or 3 boxes.

It's 15g protein, 19g carbs, 4g sugar, 8g fat, 200 calories. No maltodextrin @charlieibeling - although I did just order protein powder with that (Serious Mass from ON) but maybe I'll just use that after workouts.

The bar tastes a lot like the Nutrilite Chocolate Nut Roll bar, except it's like 4x cheaper. I've got a Wal-Mart right next to me selling it at $4.98 for 5 bars. Loving it so far.
  • greenfirearm
    greenfirearm Posts: 120 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    Sorry that was a stupid post :(