IIFYM. I'm i doing it right?

Options

Day one example:

Breakfast-2 egg white, lean turkey, Nonfat yogurt, 45 calorie multigrain bread, 1 tbspn of lowfat butter, whey protien: 565 calories

Lunch-cup of roman noodles, flaming hot cheetos, snack pack of mini oreos: 560 calories

Dinner- Lean turkey & a half of cup of brown rice: 289 Calories

Snack-Nature valley protein bar, Whey protein: 360 calories.

Day 2 example;
Breakfast-1 cup of Cheerios, nonfat milk, Whey protein, Turkey bacon, Egg whites: 460 Calories

Lunch-Peronal size cheese pizza: 480 calories

Dinner; Ground Turkey, Half of cup of navy beans.

snack: Flaming hot cheetos, Twix bar, fiber one bar, 2 apples.

i wanted to know if im doing this iifym thing correct judging on my food diary. about 3 weeks ago i upped my calories from 1200 to 1790 because alot of people said i was under eating. Due to only eating 1200 for 4 months, i had a terrible bing on halloween. after that i ran across a diet called iifm and decided to give it a try.

(If anyone go through my food diary please excuse today lol. Im and rotc and due to our veterans day parade we was one the road alot and the only thing that was avalible was fast foods, even though i was still under my calorie goal.)

Replies

• strong_er
    strong_er Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    The great thing about IIFYM is that the focus is on macros, not what makes up the macros. Just a really quick glance at your diary suggests you're on track. Just keep hitting the protein, fats, and carbs macros and you're good. If you find that 179o calories isn't moving you towards your goals after giving it some time then make adjustments.
  • shonako
    shonako Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    strong_er wrote: »
    The great thing about IIFYM is that the focus is on macros, not what makes up the macros. Just a really quick glance at your diary suggests you're on track. Just keep hitting the protein, fats, and carbs macros and you're good. If you find that 179o calories isn't moving you towards your goals after giving it some time then make adjustments.

thank you for the advise!