Feeling Hopeless

Options
2»

Replies

• 2boys111
    2boys111 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    You've gotten great feedback here! I just wanted to throw in that my motivators have changed over the years. Seeing a skinny picture of myself used to help me. Now it deflates me. Now it is taking care of myself--a pedicure, a massage etc. is more motivating that a skinny dress etc. So realize that you might need to adapt your thinking and motivators. What worked in the past might not fit the bill anymore! Good luck!!
  • ncscott11
    ncscott11 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Add some friends! It helps having people on your side and someone (or some people) to bounce thoughts, ideas, etc off of. It's sooo hard dealing with the "I used to be" I know because I am in the same boat. We all have our days where we want to give up. I then look at my pic I have that was my last straw or even look at my progress graph and it doesn't seem so bad. I find mixing it up helps a ton too! Try new food, recipes, etc. I like to see how much I can eat for how little calories! Buy a new work out dvd or some sort of fitness device. Sometimes you just have to trick yourself a little to get back in the mind set. Oh, and new work out clothes always helps motivate me to workout and I only workout at home!
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,692 Member
    Options
    It really boils down to "how bad do you really want this?". Commitment and determination come from prioritizing what one REALLY wants over anything else. Once you've convinced yourself that that is what you really want to do, then it becomes much simpler to accomplish.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • Spocky
    Spocky Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I lost and continue to lose weight very very slowly. When I started lifting weights at home it showed fast so that always gave me motivation. I eat very small but frequent meals, about in every 3-4 hours. I lose 1kg per 3 weeks if I keep my strict diet. It often looks like that I am stuck but when I check my calendar, I see that I lost some weight since last month. Eating protein shakes instead of having dinner helped the most.