How to log my fitness classes

Options
I'm trying to figure out how to input my exercise classes. Some of them include 30 minutes of cardio and 30 minute of weight training. The exercises in the weight section changes from class to class and I vary the weights used.

Any suggestions would be really helpful.

Lisa

Replies

• Beautifulbridgittlee7
    Options
    Maybe log it separately, like as high impact aerobics or circuit training. Also depends on the cardio, if it's kickboxing log it as that, step, spin, etc log it separately.
  • chriscolh
    chriscolh Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I usually break it down, kind of like what you are doing above. If I've done a class where half our sets were with weights and half were more HIIT, I do 30 min strength training and 30 min cardio. If I do an intense body-weight class, I log it under "calisthenics." My goal is to log my minutes, then I only eat about half my calories back. Good luck!
  • digitalcanuck
    digitalcanuck Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Good points. Thanks.I was hoping I wouldn't have to use up as many calories trying to log my exercise as I did at exercise class, lol. I do think getting a wearable fitness tracker would help in tracking calories burned throughout the day and during classes, but I am so overwhelmed by the options available. I just don't know what to choose.

Thanks again.

Lisa
  • kwrecks
    kwrecks Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I do a class that is a mix of cardio and weight training. I talked with one of the personal trainers and she said to log it as general circut training.
  • digitalcanuck
    Options
    Thanks for the idea kwrecks.
  • XX_Miss_RoseMary_XX
    Options
    Buy a HRM? It has helped me. My calorie burn logs on here were way off.
  • digitalcanuck
    Options
    Yeah, I was debating getting a hrm. But which one? ARG. I may make a new post about that.