Awkard TMI Question - Can't expel gas

Options
2»

Replies

• cambene
    Options
    I don't know what to tell you to help. I had a friend a few years back that had a similar problem and ended up in the hospital over it. Not sure how it came out (sorry I had to add that) but he was able to pass it eventually and all was well.
  • TheVirgoddess
    TheVirgoddess Posts: 4,535 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry. I'd be so miserable if I couldn't fart.

Any dairy sensitivity? If I have ice cream things get serious.
  • Liftng4Lis
    Liftng4Lis Posts: 15,150 Member
    Options
    Drink lots of water, especially if you're using fiber supplements.
  • ahoy_m8
    ahoy_m8 Posts: 3,053 Member
    edited November 2014
    Options
    I started taking calcium/D vitamins (250mg/day). After a month, gas and poop were more difficult. Quit the calcium, took magnesium (100mg/day) instead until everything went back to normal in a week or two. Dietary fiber about the same throughout at 25-30g/day. Let us know how you do!
  • Joannah700
    Joannah700 Posts: 2,665 Member
    Options
    Maybe you can try some yoga?

Whenever I go to yoga they have us do yoga twists. Oftentimes the instructor will state that twisting to the RIGHT first, and then the left is supposed to help digestive health.

I haven't tried it when I've had stomach issues, so I don't know how effective it is for that, but it's something you can do immediately - so there is that.

http://healthyliving.azcentral.com/yoga-positions-release-gas-8225.html

They normally have us do this one first and hold it for at least 30 seconds before switching to the other side.
    untitled-1175.jpg

There are other sitting twists, and restorative twists as well that are pretty gentle.
  • slsdeeva
    slsdeeva Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just met with a registered dietician because of the same issue. Other symptoms are stomach acid. I'm cutting out all dairy, including butter and my heavy cream. Turns out these symptoms can indicate intolerance to the dairy proteins casein and whey.