Lose 10-15 lbs by Christmas?

Options
I am working, well mentally working on trying to lose the last few pounds for my weight goal. I need approximately 10-14 lbs to go. I really would like to lose them by or before Christmas. I've been reading online about juicing. I have done HIIT in the past few months on the treadmill and well lost about 5 lbs. But the last few weeks I've been lazy and lost motivation to exercise. I want a plan or suggestions to help me with this goal. I would like to start anything tomorrow!

Replies

• TimothyFish
    TimothyFish Posts: 4,925 Member
    Options
    Drinking your calories is a very bad idea. Aside from that, you need to make sure you eat at least 1200 calories a day, so you would need to exercise enough that you can create a 1300 calorie per day calorie deficit.
  • malibu927
    malibu927 Posts: 17,565 Member
    Options
    That's going to be almost 2-3 pounds a week, which will not be healthy or sustsinable. Go for 1/2 a pound per week and be patient, as the final pounds can take some time.
  • terbusha
    terbusha Posts: 1,483 Member
    Options
    Stick with real food. You need to fuel your body right if you want it to function. If you've been doing all cardio, switch it up and hit the weights. I dropped 64 lbs from doing resistance training 3 days/week, 1 day of plyometrics, 1 day of yoga, and 1 day of lighter cardio. Pair that with an appropriate diet plan, and you're good to go. I'll also add that you should work hard and be happy with your progress, even if you don't drop your weight by your deadline. Control your effort and let your weight change as it is. I keep a focus on my progress a year of more from now. Don't sweat the short term, think down the line and what your healthy behaviors are going to do from you.

If you need any help figuring out what to do, give me a shout. I'm always happy to help.

Allan
  • feralkitten1010
    feralkitten1010 Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    If you drink all of your calories, you run a high risk of binging. There are no shortcuts to losing weight. Muster up some motivation and stick to a calorie deficit and who knows, maybe by next Christmas, you'll have surpassed your own expectations!
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. For all your kind words and advice.
  • Curiousgeorgianna
    Curiousgeorgianna Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Missycvt wrote: »
    I've been reading online about juicing.

I have done juice only for as long as 15 days, and it's great. I lost about 3-4 lbs per week. I did recover about half of those in the following weeks, but it was still cleansing and I enjoyed it. You're getting between 800 - 1200 calories, so it's not as if you're starving yourself. You'll need a good juicer, and a lot of time. Juicing is a bit of work.
  • Missycvt
    Missycvt Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm gonna try it for a week and see if I like it. Even if I begin by swapping out some meals with juice. We'll see if it's for me or not.
  • pplastics
    pplastics Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    On being lazy and not motivated to exercise:
    When I do not feel like exercising, I remind myself that I never regret it when it's over, only when I do not do it. Always gets me up and at it.
  • jaquelynny
    jaquelynny Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    you will look like a skinny version of your fat self without exercise