Another WW defector and weekend warrior

hdawg412
hdawg412 Posts: 10 Member
Hi all-

I lost tons on WW (60lbs) a few years ago. I started doing half marathons and tri's two years ago and have seen about 15 lbs creep back on. Finding a hard balance to fuel the activity and maintain weight.

So I'd love to have some buddies while I try to drop that 15 and do it in a less OCD way than WW.

Any advice on balancing the endurance training with weight loss?

Thanks!
Hdawg412

Replies

• mrslcoop
    mrslcoop Posts: 317 Member
    I literally just posted this on the first WW defectors wall:

"I too am a defector and left about 8-ish months ago I’d venture to guess. I gained it all back and then some because I didn’t realize I wasn’t eating enough food. The starvation diet goes a long way at first which is why WW works, but then you destroy your metabolism in the end. I’m still in the process of repairing the damage I’ve done while trying to build muscle and stamina. Feel free to add me if you need friends… I like to comment and cheer on my MFP friends. "

Same goes for you :)
  • ScouseNerd
    ScouseNerd Posts: 119 Member
    Hi all-

I lost tons on WW (60lbs) a few years ago. I started doing half marathons and tri's two years ago and have seen about 15 lbs creep back on. Finding a hard balance to fuel the activity and maintain weight.

So I'd love to have some buddies while I try to drop that 15 and do it in a less OCD way than WW.

Any advice on balancing the endurance training with weight loss?

Thanks!
    Hdawg412

Welcome! I have to lost about the same after slowly watching it come back, so feel free to add me :) Only been here a few days so I can't testify how much better than WW it is yet, but I definitely like not having to work out points every five minutes!